D7000 vs 60D

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 5, 2006
For video, if you wanna go the canon route, the t3i is better than the 60d for the money.
D7000 i've shot some school projects with it. I actually shoot with a hacked Panasonic GH1 aka GH13, now the GH2 is out and has gotten some good praise, not only that but you can use any lenses on it as long as theres an adapter for it. I use Nikon glass on mine.

D7000 does real good in low light but there's no 60p or 30p I think, so pretty much just 24p so you can't shoot 60p for slow mo.

If you're thinking about going the Sony route, look into the NEX-6N, this camera has been getting so much praise.

At the end of the day its not the camera, its you.. the cameraman/dp. I learned this which in film school, everyone was riding Canon's dick (7D, 5D etc) and I decided to go against the grain and choose Nikons and Panasonics and everyone wanted to know what I shot with and how I shot it. Lighting 80% camera 20% = beastly video.

If you tell me what you plan on shooting mostly and what features you'd want I could tell you exactly what camera would be best to make life easier on you..

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
the T2i will get you the same quality as the T3i, 60D and the 7D.

the 7D has a few useful setting features that makes it easier to get nice quality, but they all have the same sensor and can produce identical footage.

My friend hyped up the GH2 pretty tough and he recently bought it but i have yet to see anything good come from it. I've personally only shot on the T2i and 7D and would recommend the t2i along with some nice lenses

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
My boy was the one buying the camera and ended up getting the 60D. I already shoot stills with nikon and canon and I'm comfortable shooting with damn near anything. We just wanted something nice for when we do music videos, in the labs and interviews etc. Since he bought the camera I'm gonna buy some more glass that will work with the 60d and mine as well. Definitley looking into a nice prime at least.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
My boy was the one buying the camera and ended up getting the 60D. I already shoot stills with nikon and canon and I'm comfortable shooting with damn near anything. We just wanted something nice for when we do music videos, in the labs and interviews etc. Since he bought the camera I'm gonna buy some more glass that will work with the 60d and mine as well. Definitley looking into a nice prime at least.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com

Jan 5, 2006
GH1 with the hack and GH2 with hacks pretty much at the very least are as good as a 5D and 7D, sometimes even shit on those cameras with a good DP.

like my camera does 24p, 30p, 60p and then I have the option for AVCHD and MJPEG which renders such high quality that 3 mins of footage is about 8gb.