underlying pagan beliefs presented in the bible/xtianity

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 2, 2006
man i dont even want to go to their heaven and spend forever with mass murdering culture destroying child molesters
no kid fucker or kid fucker protector can make me believe hes a better person than me they obviously dont know whats right and wrong..i dont care what happens when i die i just dont want to go to kid fuckers paradise cos im pretty sure i wont like it there

May 4, 2007
www.myspace.com
No one chose any dates - as a matter of fact there is turmoil between different sects of Christianity as far as Easter is concerned and they have been fighting over this for years.... So there isn't exactly a consensus on the birth of Christ or or when he raised from the dead.

It is certainly an interesting debate but presently I don't have the energy right now the write a semi-thesis about religion (not to mention religion - as interesting as it may be - is just something I'm educated in but have no desire to elaborate on).

However I will say with complete confidence that Christian holidays (at least Catholic) share nothing in common with any Pagan holiday or ritual.
Religion and educated should never be spoken in the same breath.

May 4, 2007
www.myspace.com
Well .. someone choose the date for Christ's birth to fall (coincidently) on the exact same dates most pagans celebrate their light festivals and what not. Because also most christian scholars would agree the dude wasn't born in december.

I have to disagree with you that they share nothing in common. I would have liked to read your theory on this because I always believed this to be so. And would have liked to read a different perspective.
Christian scholars? Lmfao. Most actual historians believe that Jesus never existed.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
man i dont even want to go to their heaven and spend forever with mass murdering culture destroying child molesters
no kid fucker or kid fucker protector can make me believe hes a better person than me they obviously dont know whats right and wrong..i dont care what happens when i die i just dont want to go to kid fuckers paradise cos im pretty sure i wont like it there
but you'd rather go to hell with rapists and child molestors and murderers? lol flawed argument there.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I disagree, but for the sake of sparing a ridiculously long debate, we can agree to disagree.
Nothing is ridiculous about it. Feel free to state your opinion. Consider it an opportunity to express your faith and beliefs, I'm ok with it- you are entitled to them.

PEACE

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Fair enough. At least in my belief, I believe there is a lengthy precedent of severe punishment for those who oppose God. Sometimes it takes awhile, but it always seems to happen in some form or fashion. That is true from the Jewish people to virtually everyone and beyond. I consider the history of the Bible in addition to that, even though I know most people will refute the historical accuracy of most of the Bible, but there is a ton of recorded history in terms of punishment of those who opposed God there as well. But in my belief, hell is not a place that would have any enjoyment whatsoever. This world is most certainly evil, but the devil is a great deceiver. Sin is fun for awhile, but always ends in pain to some degree or another. I believe that satan wants to pull as many people from God as possible, and uses the fun that can be had in sin to entice them, but in the end there is nothing but evil and punishment, eternally.

The Bible's description of hell sounds nothing like it is here. I understand this may mean nothing to you have you believe nothing in the Bible, but that is how I feel about it personally.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Sin is fun for awhile, but always ends in pain to some degree or another.
Romans 6:23 says "For the wages of sin is death......"

If the wages of sin IS in fact death, then would that not negate a belief of punishment prior to death for sin? Would sin not continue to be fun? I get that our choices, and the outcomes from those choices, in life are much more complex and not as cut and dry like I'm presenting it here, just trying to fully comprehend that train of thought, especially when following the word literally comes in to play. PEACE

Last edited:

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Interesting angle to take on that, and that's one of my favorite verses. I will have to do more research on the Hebrew or Greek that this particular verse was written in. But also consider that death wasn't an intention for God's people until Adam and Eve sinned. Their lives became finite after that moment. I suppose if you don't believe in that at all, that's a moot point, but since any of the writers of the Bible would've believed in that, I think it's safe to say it is as much of a reference to that as anything else. There are countless references to how awful hell would be. There are in fact more references to hell in the Bible than there are about heaven. Jesus referred to hell a number of times as a place where there would be weeping and gnashing (or grinding) of teeth. The amount of grief that would cause a person to grind their teeth because it is so awful is not a place that sounds like you would be enjoying yourself no matter how fun the sin is.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
And neither is the first day of Spring!! So in a sense, you could wrap Easter up as a Persian holiday of Norooz, meaning "New Day" of the Persian new year!! But, you could also argue the fact that Christianity derived the resurrection from the same holiday as the rebirth of life, hence Spring
read my post from earlier in this thread breh, it pretty well explains how/why Easter's dates changes every year. It isn't a "Persian" holiday, but it is the same week as the Passover feast, which is a Jewish holiday. But the rest is in the thread already.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Religion is man made and that in itself guarantees it will always be flawed. Math tells me 1 + 1 = 2 and nothing else. With that said, if Yeshua was not even a Christian, why would it make sense for me to be one? If it makes sense for someone else to be one, so be it, do what thou will, you could be worse things in life.
I know what you're saying, but this part in particular is a flawed argument IMO. Christian simply means follower of Christ. To say that you can't be or believe in being a follower of Christ, because Christ didn't follow Christ doesn't really make any sense. He was Jewish by birth obviously, from the heritage and lineage of David, but he was not Jewish in terms of religious belief per se.