Syria and the Middle East

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Hey folks,

So its been a while since I jumped in here and really gave my two cents, but I find it interesting that for over a decade now many members and people in society have predicted a large scale war / WWIII / near apocalypse, whatever you want to call it, in the Middle East...involving Israel, the US, a neighboring Israeli country, and probably Iran.

Well today, here we sit with the US accusing Syria of possibly using chemical weapons against its people and threatening to intervene, Israel likely to intervene with US support against a neighbor it shares borders with, Iran acting as a proxy with Hezbollah and supporting Syria, ongoing civil war in Iraq, civil war in Egypt, and the US on an ongoing "peace" effort between Palestinians and Israeli's.

I found it interesting that today I popped in here and almost no opinions on this situation. Feel free to post your thoughts here.

Me personally, I see almost all of the Middle East conflicts having some sort of interrelationships, and I see most of these relationships stemming from Israel's existence, over a century of foreign dominance over Middle East affairs and policy (US and Europe), and also the Middle East's internal struggle between government and Islam. I also had a very wise professor years ago in school who stated he had the opportunity to participate in mid-level negotiations between Israel and Palestinians in the mid-200s. To him, "it all comes down to my grandfather was killed by your grandfather," and we can never be friends. It was an interesting point that makes a lot of sense in any conflict. I personally feel that until these 3 main issues and this attitude about the history of conflict is solved, there can never be stability in the Middle East.

I personally believe the US policy in the Middle East is never really correctly identified. It is often confused with pure imperialism or goals of assimilating the Middle East with the Western World. Often we say its all about oil...I'm not denying that...but I am saying we don't care what type of regime we actually get the oil from...we just care that we get the oil.

The truth in my opinion is the United States in both its own self interest and the general interest of its allies works to intentionally destabilize the Middle East. Using NATO, the UN and most prominently Israel as its proxy, the US essentially helps perpetuate conflict in the Middle East to prevent continuity and progress which would make countries with perceived radical, Islamist or inhumane policies weak and powerless. Essentially, overthrow after overthrow and war after war actually strengthens the position of the US and its allies as we continue to move forward while many Middle Eastern countries lack the ability to advance into the future. Personally, I do not know how I feel about this policy; it is only my belief that this is the true goal of the US in the Middle East. I am not convinced that allowing the Middle East to adopt Islamist policies benefits anyone, even there own people. The joke has always been that Hamas always negotiates peace as "a ten year truce" with Israel. Why only ten years and not eternity? If I was Israel, I would be convinced Hamas wanted time to rebuild and attack me...if you lived in a country where if you lost a war you would lose your state, would you believe the same?

In any case, I think we'll bomb the hell out of Syria and create a failed state there and run periodic excursions in and out of there to help our allies. Essentially what we've done though is created a divided state like we have in Iraq. Syria will be in perpetual revolution for at least the next 15 years. What this does in addition to curbing Iraq and Syria is it keeps its neighbors busy too. I think whether we admit it or not we're prepared to take on the collateral from a failed state (terrorism) over the consequences of letting an Islamic fundamentalist country become powerful (nuclear Iran).

The only way WWIII breaks out is if Syria hits Israel and Israel sends in ground troops...Or if Iran hits Israel... The other big thing to look for is if Israel hits Iran's nuclear facilities, I believe after years and years of other people saying this will happen, that it will in fact happen this winter...Iran is getting closer and closer and Israel won't take it anymore...Obama has the foreign policy capital right now to condone an attack...he's done a great job of making Israel put it off the entire time he's been in office but he can only wait so long...

Dec 17, 2002
WWW.SICCNESS.NET
accusing Syria of possibly using chemical weapons? Brah, have you seen the videos of women and children who were killed or are dying from these chemical weapons. There is zero doubt they used them, my question is what are we waiting on? We cannot allow this to happen to innocent human beings. The UN must step in immediately and put a stop to this. They are begging for our help...We already have naval ships headed that way and will probally intervene by months end. Its the right thing to do.

Apr 25, 2002
accusing Syria of possibly using chemical weapons? Brah, have you seen the videos of women and children who were killed or are dying from these chemical weapons. There is zero doubt they used them, my question is what are we waiting on? We cannot allow this to happen to innocent human beings. The UN must step in immediately and put a stop to this. They are begging for our help...We already have naval ships headed that way and will probally intervene by months end. Its the right thing to do.
Im just trying to be politically correct here.

Yes, we will be bombing the hell out of them before next Friday.

Props: Mixerr

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
try telling that to russia,who warned us about a strike yesterday already!..i think its safe to say that pretty soon shits gonna hit the fan and its gonna be mutha fuckin on!

May 14, 2002
We do not even know for sure who used these weapons. But here we are... the US ready to bomb the fuck out another country.

Of all the countries in the world, again only the US that wants to attack immediately and will probably do so without clearance from the UN.
Good thing the US had Syria surrounded from all sides for a while now :ermm::dead:

Dec 17, 2002
WWW.SICCNESS.NET
Syrian Kurdish leader says Assad not to blame for attack

"The regime in Syria ... has chemical weapons, but they wouldn't use them around Damascus, 5 km from the (U.N.) committee which is investigating chemical weapons. Of course they are not so stupid as to do so," Muslim told Reuters.

Syrian Kurdish leader says Assad not to blame for attack
and you believe this nonsense? They have been killing thousands of thier people for months, what makes you think they didnt use the chemical weapons? if not them then who?

Nov 24, 2003
I don't think this leads to WWIII though.

Russia's military is far too inferior to do anything other than make idle threats, and I doubt they would risk their fragile and oil export dependent economy by taking any direct action.

China is taking a political stance but they have little economic or oil interest in Syria and are more concerned about US influence in the region, I don't think that is enough to motivate them to start WWIII.

It is silly that 100,000 people have died in this conflict and we (the world) are still waiting for a "diplomat" solution and this all really comes down to is grade school level politics and has very little to do with differences in belief of what is intrinsically right and wrong.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
The propaganda machine that places the blame on Assad is just a facade. The war is on, blood will be spilled, and minds will be conquered. For the New World Order to be a success, the middle east must be destabilized. After Syria, it will eventually be Iran- a nuclear power; if the globalists have their way it will be a two for one similar to Afghanistan and Iraq. As long as Pakistan continues to play ball, once Syria is destabilized, Iran will have their back completely against the wall. The globalists have destabilized Egypt, Libya, Afghanistan, and Iraq already in this millennium. That is quite a success rate. The western talk of the New World Order is real and evident. Numerous presidents and politicians have spoken of it, but the general public has been ignorant to it and what exactly the phrase means. The day the President announced that we were pulling out of Iraq, Exxon signed an oil deal, no such thing as a coincidence. When we announced we were pulling out of Afghanistan, China signed an oil deal (China is the second biggest holder of US debt behind the Federal Reserve), again no such thing as a coincidence. Yet, we still have soldiers in both countries and will continue to do so. The US continually being in these wars is bad for the economy and bad for the US population (obviously it is very bad for the every day people in the middle east as well as they are slaughtered by the globalist minions). We are now in debt to the Federal Reserve, a private entity that does not tell the general public exactly who they are. We do not share in the spoils of war as a country instead allowing other countries and/or corporations to do so. That is very dangerous for all of us as we are led into further debt and possible servitude and forfeiture of what we consider to be our property, whether it be real estate, precious metals, guns, or anything of actual value. But this is nothing new. Absolute Power Corrupts.

Last edited:
May 14, 2002
typical spoiled american response...

so you too think we should have just let hitler do his thang to he jews and we should have looked the other way and dealt with our own problems?

smh
Cmon son, this is typical ignent meeeehrican response.
Turn off the 6 o clock news and start asking questions, don't be like this man.

We still don't know who used these weapons the only thing we know is that someone did.
And here is the "super power" immediately pointing fingers and responding without any information in the most barbaric way.
Like the US does so so often....
They have always lied to you before... why do you believe them now?
At least wait until some independent party finds out who used these weapons before start bombing another country back to the stone age.

Dec 17, 2002
WWW.SICCNESS.NET
Cmon son, this is typical ignent meeeehrican response.
Turn off the 6 o clock news and start asking questions, don't be like this man.

We still don't know who used these weapons the only thing we know is that someone did.
And here is the "super power" immediately pointing fingers and responding without any information in the most barbaric way.
Like the US does so so often....
They have always lied to you before... why do you believe them now?
At least wait until some independent party finds out who used these weapons before start bombing another country back to the stone age.
so just let it happen huh?

you sound like one of those conspiracy theorist who thinks 9/11 was an inside job...

I believe the Syrians not the news. I believe the videos of dying and dead women and children, not the news. You on the other hand believe nothing but yourself

May 14, 2002
so just let it happen huh?

you sound like one of those conspiracy theorist who thinks 9/11 was an inside job...

I believe the Syrians not the news. I believe the videos of dying and dead women and children, not the news. You on the other hand believe nothing but yourself
You sound like I am sitting over here defending a point.
How could I if I didn't made one except to invite you to ask questions?
You already jumped to the conclusion that the Syrian government did this while this at the time actually remains unanswered.

Nobody is denying that the attack happened but why immediately jump to the attack without knowing who did this?
That's not the way a superpower should behave imo. They also shouldn't even be allowed to act without the approval of the UN anyway.
Why not wait until it is sure who did it and then act accordingly? Instead of creating another Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan for no reason.

Did those videos show who did it by the way? Because 9/11 isn't your biggest worry. That's already in the past.

Last edited: