Space

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 26, 2006
Ever thought how far into space you could go? When does space end, is it never ending? Whats in deep space? Is there other lifeforms like us?

All these questions when will they be answered?

If anyone has info or videos/pictures/info they'd like to post, please do.

Props: short
Mar 9, 2005
Those questions begs the question - was there space before there was matter? If so, then space could well be infinite. If space was born out of the 'big bang' like physical matter, then you would think that space extended an equal distance to that which matter has travelled and thus space has a boundary. Even so, if some theories are correct (that the universe doesn't have enough matter to result in it's collapse), then space might expand at an ever increasing pace for eternity and thus the universe would 'become' infinite.

Deep space probably contains star clusters and other objects similar to those we observe in this galaxy. When we view deep space, we are looking back in time (the light we receive from a star 1 million light years away is the light that was emitted 1 million years ago and hence we are looking at that star as it was 1 million years ago). If we could get up close to that star and it's surrounding galaxies, I don't think we'd notice anything out of the ordinary. Who knows though?

As for life forms, I believe that there would be some life forms like us, but there are probably more life forms unlike us. The universe is far too large for there to exist a single race and believing that Earth is the only inhabited planet is just another form of arrogant anthropocentrism. I think that we will eventually come into contact with one or more of these life forms, when is another question entirely though.

Most of the information we have regarding those questions follow one or more paradigms which may or may not be right so answering them is more a philosophical experiment rather than a scientific one (for the time being atleast). I'll look out for any information which might be of use to you.

Jan 14, 2006
i own a copy of "story about eveyrthing" (or something like that) by the guy that is paralyzed..the smart dude i cant remember anything right now..

Jan 14, 2006
^^^yeah.that guy..he's intelligent even though he has that disablity. i have volume 1 of the 2 part series..its just a book about black holes and what they can do..the history of the universe...to be honest i only read the first 2 chapters...but if someone needs scans or something i might be able to do that or look for an ebook

Aug 3, 2005
the thing that always fucks wit my head, is the Hubble Bubble is constantly expanding, but what is it expanding INTO???.

I mean, it cant be "nothing", because theres no such thing as nothing. theres no variable in the equation of infinite. the only thing that actually fits the defenition of nothing is the idea of nothing itself. trying to imagine it is like trying to imagine a color thats never been discovered.

so what is it?? i dont know, i thought about that a lot when i was in boarding school as a little kid and it made me crazy.

askG

Sicc OG
Nov 19, 2002
i always wondered, what if we live in a universe within a universe...like there is this realm or plain where multiple universes exist like planets and stars in our universe...only instead of planets and stars, it contains universes, and each universe contains many life forms, maybe were even more insignificant and small than we thought, just a spec of bacteria in a ever expanding realm where multiple gods and evils exist, where we will one day understand what life is about, one day...we will be gods.

PGBD

Sicc OG
Nov 10, 2004
askG said:
i always wondered, what if we live in a universe within a universe...like there is this realm or plain where multiple universes exist like planets and stars in our universe...only instead of planets and stars, it contains universes, and each universe contains many life forms, maybe were even more insignificant and small than we thought, just a spec of bacteria in a ever expanding realm where multiple gods and evils exist, where we will one day understand what life is about, one day...we will be gods.
HYPERSPACE by Michio Kaku

He mentions some of that stuff.

askG

Sicc OG
Nov 19, 2002
Syko Sniper said:
There must be a fucking end it can't possibly go on for ever

i wish we fucking knew wtf was out there....
it may go forever, what if its like those acid drawings where you go further and further into the painting and shit goes on and on...a gang of galazies and universes and realms.

short

Sicc OG
Feb 2, 2006
i dont think any alleged "mars mission" has ever occured. billions wasted on a rover that travels 25 feet a day. and all them "mars pics" look like the arizona desert

nasa announces a press confrence just to sell the usual duck tales about water being found. its nothing but a multi billion dollar money laundering machine

Props: StillHustlin