reading peoples minds in the courts

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 6, 2008
i saw this thing on 60 minutes where they can tell if you are lying by when a certain part of your brain lights up during one of those mri exams.

i wanted to know if it is possible for the courts in the future when this might become common to use this against you when people are up for trial.

do you guys think this would be mando for liek certain cases like murder, rape, you know big cases??

and where does this fall under the law of the US and the constitutiional rights of americans? i mean is this shit really possible??

i jsut think it would be an invasion of a persons privacy to have there thoughts read insted of face to face outside the body.

Feb 17, 2006
i competed in discussion for speech and we had a round on this. the ethics of this interrogation on terrorists or criminals to find out 'facts' without consent from the person. long ways away like 2-0 said, and who knows the other technology available once that is around

Jul 6, 2008
i competed in discussion for speech and we had a round on this. the ethics of this interrogation on terrorists or criminals to find out 'facts' without consent from the person. long ways away like 2-0 said, and who knows the other technology available once that is around

shit if thats the case for intrrogation all you have to do is jsut ask the right questions. like when the brain actiivty for lying lights up, bam

is osama in cave? - the terrorist is lying if he says no.

then you can be specific about it like specific locations or gps

is he hiding in this cave on so and so whoompty whoomptiddy mountain? - then if the terrorist says no and the brain activty for lying lights up - well then he must be in that cave for that certain mountain.

i remmeber they had a show that had people with truth rings around they necks and if they lied then they would get shocked. somehow these rings were activited by certain parts of the brain.

i got to find that 60 minutes episode.