Pearl Harbor

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 24, 2004
So I'm watching this documentary about the Grand Coulee dam on KQED, and they mentioned that the electricity produced by the dam helped play a major role in creating industries in the north west. Not even a year after the completion of the dam, pearl harbor was attacked, a lot the industries created by the dam were industries that helped us fight in world war 2. I got to thinking if its legit to think the dam was a piece of another scandal to join another war? Did we bomb pearl harbor just like we blew up the towers?

I do believe our government would do something vicious like this to its own people but I've never heard of anyone seing this as a conspiracy. Any thoughts? Should i stop smoking weed?

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
So I'm watching this documentary about the Grand Coulee dam on KQED, and they mentioned that the electricity produced by the dam helped play a major role in creating industries in the north west. Not even a year after the completion of the dam, pearl harbor was attacked, a lot the industries created by the dam were industries that helped us fight in world war 2. I got to thinking if its legit to think the dam was a piece of another scandal to join another war? Did we bomb pearl harbor just like we blew up the towers?

I do believe our government would do something vicious like this to its own people but I've never heard of anyone seing this as a conspiracy. Any thoughts? Should i stop smoking weed?
The Nixon administration was so fucking horrible and lied so much that many of American citizens began to not believe much of what American Federal Government says. Thus, the conspiracy theorist of the World went to a whole new level.

Calm Down. Take a deep breathe and read a history book.

May 9, 2002

I think you are doing too much whit this one. However, read up on the Bay Of Pigs for a real conspiracy...

Nov 24, 2003

I have never heard of that theory.

However I have heard a lot of people think that the US successfully intercepted many of the Japanese communications leading up to the attack and were well aware it was all but imminent. The warning allowed them to preemptively move all 3 air craft carries stationed at Pearl Harbor out to sea before the attack, thereby saving them and limiting the damage to mostly older ships.

Not vouching for the theory, but there is lots of info on it out there if you want to look into it.

Either way, the US is certainly capable of at the very least contemplating such operations. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

Nov 10, 2008
People wanna make this word"conspiracy" to be a derogatory word. Like its filth. But in reality we have conspiracies, then we have facts. Are there facts that say rosevelt was fore warned of the attacks from japan? Was japan forced into war threw sanctions? Its kinda how 9/11 had all types of warning from other countries but failed to prevent devastation. To many questions and not enough logical answers

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
^^^

I think it's very similar to 9-11 attacks. The FBI/CIA "knew" about Al Quida wanting to attack with "planes", but had no idea it would be American Planes or what day. Yet, the government wanted it to happen??

Sometimes, the bad guy actually get's away with their plan and it does happen. That does not mean that ALL THE TIME the government did not want to stop it.

Mar 24, 2004
The reason i asked is because the documentary mentioned a lot of people didnt agree with the dam until the war began 6 months later.

Took this from another site. It does not mention anything of a conspiracy either.

After seven years of construction; the dam began operation on March 22, 1941, when its first large generator began producing power. Its completion at the beginning of World War II quieted its many critics, who had derided it as a colossal dam in the near-wilderness of a remote state, and whose only customers, according to one detractor in Congress, would be “sage brush and jackrabbits.” While it is true Grand Coulee contributed energy to the war effort by helping to power the Army’s nuclear facility at Hanford and the region's aircraft and aluminum industries, its impact was overrated at the time, according to historian Paul Pitzer, who has written extensively about the dam. Bureau of Reclamation publicists and patriotic news reporters, among others, hailed Grand Coulee Dam as almost single-handedly winning World War II for the allies.

In 1948, for example, Vice Presidential candidate Earl Warren remarked: “Probably Hitler would have beaten us in atom bomb development if it had not been for the hydroelectric development of the Columbia, making possible the big Hanford project which brought forth the bomb.” Pitzer comments in his book, Grand Coulee: Harnessing a Dream:

“Grand Coulee Dam's contribution augmented those of Hoover Dam, the Tennessee Valley Authority dams and other hydro and non-hydroelectric projects nationally.... Grand Coulee allowed the government to produce aluminum and run Hanford while not disturbing the day-to-day lives of most Americans. The government could have diverted power from domestic uses but Grand Coulee, among other projects, made this unnecessary. Except for inconveniencing the civilian population, little would have changed had Grand Coulee not existed during World War II."
http://www.nwcouncil.org/history/grandcouleehistory.asp