internet service provider murdered my computer

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I signed up for a new high speedinternet service around 2-3 weeks ago. I'm not going to name the company because we havent reached a full agreement (you all know who it is) and nothing has been settled. What happened was the contracted installer came out, tried to install a pre registered cable modem and it caused my hard drive to reboot. Well that reboot MURDERED my mobo and hard drive. All attempts at data recovery have failed and my sisters cancer info has been lost.

If you've been trying to contact me via email, pm, messenger, etc etc etc this is the reason behind the delays. I apologize for any disruptions this may have caused (you know who you are).

Thank GOD I use another computer for music recording.

May 2, 2002
that sucks.

not that you care, but I'm a writer. and I had about 200 short stories, maybe 25 poems, and the first 40 pages to my novel on my harddrive. I gave it to my friend to get all the viruses out of my computer. he comes back to me the next day and says "I had to reformat your harddrive. dont worry though, I saved all your music files". so yeah, all my lifes' work in cyber heaven. I almost cried.

Id sue the cable installer though if I were you

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
NO WONDER YOU AIN'T gOT BAK AT MY ASS. YOU WANT ME TO RE-SEND THAT LOgO HERESY? BUT gOOD THANg YOU DIDN'T HAVE YOUR MUSIC ON THERE. I KNOW YOU WOULD OF BEEN TOO SICC.

PSYCHO LOgIC,
WHY DIDN'T YOU BAK UP YOUR FILES? N-E-TIME YOU DO SOMETHIN' LIKE PUT YOUR HARD DRIVE OR COMP IN THE HANDS OF OTHAS, YOU SHOULD "ALWAYS" BAK UP WHAT YOU gOT.

Mar 11, 2004
external modems have nothing to do with your hard drive. they're just a gateway. did the guy who installed it put any software on your computer?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
yes he did install software because the modem was being connected via usb. As soon as he had the software installed he kept pecking at the keyboard and trying to register the modem. he tried for like 2 minutes and all of a sudden BAM! system reboot.

The company has paid for the damages to my computer (paid for new mother board, new 120 gig hard drive, new processor, new ram, new fan etc etc etc).

I'm back on track now.

@ edj I'll get at you in a bit.

@Logic why do you say "not that you care"? I know we go back and forth but I don't hate you man. Remember that..........

:hgk:

Jun 17, 2004
If you do sue don't do so for some ridiculous sum of money.

My mom is in major debt because 15 years ago my mom rear-ended some dude. The dude complained of neck injury and resulting emotional stress (even though nothing was broken or anything, and no medical assistance was needed). Dude sued for $150,000 and won.

Many companies that come out with some dopeass new shit wont sell it in the U.S. for years and sometimes never because the U.S. is so sue-friendly. I fucking despise people who sue to make money, all they do is set us back and feed the already rich justice system.

Fucking everything you do you have to sign a paper now because of liability issues. Gotta get documented papers notarized and everything before you have sex and shit. Or you can't even comment on some girl's eyes at the workplace. why? because people are fucked up

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
^^^^ Actually I tried working with the contractor to resolve the issue. He was grinning in my face but turned out to be a snake. I told him we should get it resolved asap without the provider getting involved. I told him I didn't want the installer to be reprimanded and fired for an accident. I said he may have wife and kids, blah blah blah. I told him I didn't want the corporate moguls coming down on his head etc etc etc.....

I changed my mind when he flipped the script on me. The company took care of me, but will most likely hit the contractor up for the damage dough.....oh well. No need to take it any further. All I wanted was my computer not a trillion.

Mar 18, 2003
FunK-3-FivE: Would bankrupcy eliminate that kind of debt? Your mom should look into it.

HERESY: You said all attempts at recovering the data have failed. Just curious, did any of these attempts involve taking the hard drive out, hooking it up as slave to another HD on a working computer, and then browsing the drive? I found this to be the most efficient way of 1. Recovering data on an unbootable drive and 2. determining if the drive is fixable.

2-0-Sixx: See what I just told HERESY about recovering the music from your hard drive. I was going to write it out in the open forum but I forgot.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
^^^^ none of the directories could be found. The guys at the computer shop did everything they could to solve the problem.I had most of teh stuff backed up with a fire wire drive so that pretty much solved the problem. The drive was severly damaged. When I went to the shop they had a program running (the drive was slaved to another drive) and it did scan the corrupt drive. They tried to wipe it clean and reinstall windows xp. No goooooooooooooooooo......