God is REAL! Majick is REAL! Voodoo is REAL!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 1, 2006
Not it's not and your religion is fake, whatever it may be. I am paging through the posts of the Gathering of the Morons, and I've lost all my faith in the human intellect. "God is real! You don't know the things I've seen!!!" Why do evangelical christians use exclamation points online. Like I'm going to see your enthusiasm and want to convert?

I threw dirt at a car then a bird shit on me. KARMA IS PROVEN!!!!
The Quran says that babies start as a clot! PRAISE ALLAH!!!

Do you people know how to think critically?
Do you even know the scientific method? Before you answer with the usual moronicism of "THERE IS SOOOO MUCH SCIENCE CAN'T PROVE AND THERE IS SOOOO MUCH SCIENCE THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN WRONG," let me spell it out for you.

Growing up in Chile, there is still much in the way of native american culture. We still have many tribes around who don't interact at all, and a lot of their civilization is based on religion. Much of it is similar to voodoo, involving sacrifices. I was heavily interested in the occult and would believe anything, just because I wanted it to be true. This was also around the time when my witch prejudice started, because I thought the idea of white magic was stupid and self defeating. That is, ironically, one thing hard line fundamentalists and serious devil worshippers are in agreement on.

Anyway, at this point, if I heard of any kind of ritual I would do it, I was in a mode of throwing shit to the wall and seeing what stuck. And a lot of it actually did work. I'm playing soccer, and getting my ass handed to me, and I say "Ok guys, I'm praying to step up my game, now you'll see" and I turn around and start 360 degree windmill kicks and half mile sprints. That kind of thing happened a lot. I could do all sorts of little magic tricks like telling people what number they were thinking of, having someone write something on a piece of paper, burn it and I'll tell them what it was, or I could walk through a crowd of people looking for me and they wouldn't see me, crap like that.

I got in a fight with a kid at school and I cursed him. He broke his arm the next day. When that worked, I did it to a teacher who had always given me problems, and he was killed by a fucking drunk driver.

Yes.

When that happened, I said "Ok, wait a minute. You're just some kid, you can't kill people with your mind. And even if you could, you're reckless, slow down and think about what you're doing for a while." So that was really the genesis of my study of spirituality and religion.

And I did. I studied extensively. I found to, I would imagine, the surprise of nobody, that all the stuff I had been doing had no basis in anything genuine. It was either verified as bullshit, garbled third hand information, I did it wrong, or something. I was a hack, basically. And yet, much of it had worked, I couldn't deny that. So this caused me to delve into exactly how far human potential goes. What I found was that the things I was doing were a combination of perfectly natural phenomina, coincidence, selective memory, and skill. Yes, there is a skill to it.

You see it in faith healers, for example. It is, actually, easier to hypnotize a crowd of 100,000 than to hypnotize one person. I could tell you all about how and why, but that's another disucssion. Lots of religious leaders do it. Hitler did it. And few if any of these people realized it. They could genuinely believe in their "power". The same thing with psychics. You can subconsciously cold read someone and not even realize you're doing it. To you, it feels like genuine psychic impressions, and if you truly believe you have these powers, it only reinforces it. It's a continuous cycle, you see.

These tricks, combined with the other factors, often lead to what appears to be genuine "magic" (I will spell it in the common c only tense from here on out, for the sake of convenience). I threw myself into how far I could take myself, as a normal, regular human. All the things I gave demons credit for, I could duplicate while in my mind, I knew there was nothing happening but myself, and even more. To this day, I can read minds, remote view, posses, perform telekinesis and lots of things, and I learned it all myself, with no spiritual aid or influence. I'm not a master at any of those things, but I can do them to the point where I can make people swear I have powers.

That's the problem with this bullshit. You myopic simpletons rely too much on perception. If they experience something first hand, and if they believe it, nothing you say can change their mind. "I don't care, I know what I experienced. Every other psychic in the world is fake, but I know this is real." It happens all the goddamn time. And if you get someone who has learned to do this stuff but really believes they have power, of course they just feed off of each other.

You people are idiots. Every last one of you.

Dec 25, 2003
"To this day, I can read minds, remote view, posses, perform telekinesis and lots of things, and I learned it all myself, with no spiritual aid or influence. I'm not a master at any of those things, but I can do them to the point where I can make people swear I have powers.
"

You follow that by berating "idiots" and "simpletons" who don't "think for themselves" because "real power" is only humanistic biofeedback-like mental waves or some sigma delta phi crystal healer shit. I dare you to fucking produce one piece of solid evidence that you have a sliver of any of the abilities you stated. Do that and I will dedicate my life to you and marry your sister. If not, you are doomed to a Chilean mud hut.

Jan 1, 2006
WHITE DEVIL said:
humanistic biofeedback-like mental waves or some sigma delta phi crystal healer shit.
I like to misrepresent arguments too. Only it works better in real life when what I just said isn't right there to quote.

WHITE DEVIL said:
What I found was that the things I was doing were a combination of perfectly natural phenomina, coincidence, selective memory, and skill.
Oops.

Por La Fuerza said:
I dare you to fucking produce one piece of solid evidence that you have a sliver of any of the abilities you stated.
So my premise is false if I don't drive to Timbucktoo and perform for you? That is an AMAZING argument. So amazing, in fact, I'm throwing in the towel with my atheism and joining whichever cult accomodates you. Because, hey, cold reading, hypnosis, and parlor tricks just aren't possible without the Holy Spirit! HALLELUJAH!

Hemp

Sicc OG
Sep 5, 2005
"To this day, I can read minds, remote view, posses, perform telekinesis and lots of things, and I learned it all myself, with no spiritual aid or influence. "

well telekinesis shouldnt be that hard to prove u could do

put somethin on a table, move it with ur mind on cam

o yeah and if u do go thru the trouble of doing that, make sure u prove to us there are no strings attached, or u aint tilting the table

im sayin this because i know a guy who said he can move things with his mind n he goes look at that plate, n we waited, then the plate started vibrating/shaking
and he wasnt cheating, at least not to my knowledge

Jan 1, 2006
So predictable, people are choosing to ignore the context of the entire post and all the points I raised. What I see is desperation to discredit absolutely anything at all about the post. If I said nothing about telekinesis, you would still be bitching about typos or some such triviality, saying absolutely anything possible to turn the tide or change the argument for those watching. God forbid your religion look bad to onlookers. It's a shame people are more interested in ad hominem than dialogue.

I was demonstrating how easy it is to start believing in something based on something which could quite possibly have nothing to do with it. It apparently worked too well, as I gave the impression that I, myself, believed these things. I worded it somewhat ambiguously. The point was that evidence is deceptive. When I did those things there was probably plenty of evidence that nothing was happening which I ignored. Or, suppose there actually was otherworldly intervention? I wouldn't have any reason to believe it, even if it were true.

One thing I run across all the time... Somebody says they believe in otherworldly forces. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that I want to prove to him that this isn't true. No matter what I say, it won't matter to him. I could have the most fool proof evidence in the world, and he'll say "It doesn't matter, because I saw it." People will believe their own experiences over anything. And my point was that this is not always the best idea.

Another side bar about the fickle nature of evidence, there was an English fellow you might have heard of who wanted to prove this very point. He chose the most outlandish claim he could think of (that a character from a series of children's books was the supreme creator of the universe) to see how much evidence would pile up once the claim was established. There was so much evidence that he eventually scared himself and, I think, stopped the experiment. I can't remember his name... Nonetheless, for the love of your gods which don't exist, can we concentrate on the points I just clarified?

Aug 8, 2003
Por la Fuerza said:
One thing I run across all the time... Somebody says they believe in otherworldly forces. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that I want to prove to him that this isn't true. No matter what I say, it won't matter to him. I could have the most fool proof evidence in the world, and he'll say "It doesn't matter, because I saw it." People will believe their own experiences over anything. And my point was that this is not always the best idea.
so... they shouldnt go by what they experience first hand, but instead beleive what someone else is telling them?? sorry, my beliefs are one where such an act is to relinquish your own experiences into the hands of the common skeptic. if you were into the same occult i am, your first lesson should have been that it WAS all in your mind, but that too make it materialize you need the right bridge. But im not gonna hop in here to argue validity of a subject that is admitdly a project of ones own imagination...

Jan 1, 2006
John Nash sees imaginary people. Eventually he came to grips with the fact that his perception was distorted, and he moved on with his life. On the other hand, stupid people can't seem to accept that psychics who told them every last detail about their childhoods and love life LEARNED how to do so through cons and scams that predate written language.

You don't want to accept that a bird shit on you for coincidence, not karma. Why? Probably because you've invested so much time and energy into spookisms and don't want it all to be naught.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I was demonstrating how easy it is to start believing in something based on something which could quite possibly have nothing to do with it....
People will believe their own experiences over anything. And my point was that this is not always the best idea.
For those who don't understand (and most won't) this is his point/argument.

Hemp

Sicc OG
Sep 5, 2005
see tho thats the thing
for the 99% of you that dont believe in this have/will never look it up
for me ever since i was a little kid i knew somethin "else" existed that we cant see or know about
and slowly worked my way up thru my short lifetime and now im at the point where i feel like im gettin closer to the truth

me , i always listen to coast to coast am radio, the people that call in with their stories and u can just hear the fear in their voice talkin about how they seen a shadow person n shit

or the spiritual awakening forums with people speaking the truth about "i seen a guy consciously levitate"

all of this is evidence
all 2340293298 stories and studies could be fake
but half of those can also be true, so i dont and never will reject that idea, especially when i "upgrade" my beliefs and it makes even more sense

"John Nash sees imaginary people. Eventually he came to grips with the fact that his perception was distorted, and he moved on with his life."

he was a schizo, not me or the million other people with experiences

tell me something, do you reject the idea of reptilians existing also?
even tho i think reptilians are harder to prove at this time,and i think its like a 40% chance they exist
what about all of the UNRELATED people saying the same thing "i saw (thisguy) transform into a reptiliian"

or princess diana sayin "theyre lizards" , "there are not human" in all seriousness about the windsors who were already known to be reptilians

what about those replicas of reptilians that existed for thousands of years
why do they exist?

unlike you , i figure "i started out with 0 knowledge, therefor i will take in ANY and ALL the info that i can , and use my own mind to validate or invalidate the claim"

my word of wisdom(not really), dont be quick to reject something and if its been rejected, dont completely throw it out of your life, just keep it in there incase you were wrong because nobodys perfect right?

Hemp

Sicc OG
Sep 5, 2005
Hemp said:
unlike you , i figure "i started out with 0 knowledge, therefor i will take in ANY and ALL the info that i can , and use my own mind to validate or invalidate the claim"
weird, heresy basically said the same thing in the OPEN YOUR EYES topic

lol i wish i had a better way to word what i try to say
but u guys gonna just have to work with me till my vocabulary expands

Aug 8, 2003
Por la Fuerza said:
You don't want to accept that a bird shit on you for coincidence, not karma. Why? Probably because you've invested so much time and energy into spookisms and don't want it all to be naught.
why is it you bring up the same incident over and over? well anyway, its very easy for someone who has an experience with karma to write it off as coincidence. the mind, when confronted with something it cannot understand, will look for the most common,easiest, answer it can come up with. Coincidence is one of them. Im not saying that all incidents have meaning but for the most part i believe most do. I dont blame athiests or the like in dismissing such occurances because if science, to them, is what has the last say in whats real and whats not then more power to them in relinquishing their beliefs too a handful of other people who admit their practice is "unfinished" (science). I cant do that however. If i believe something, it doesnt mean that it bodes REAL to anyother. If this belief changes me for the better then its as real to me as it can get..