Defiant N. Korea Vows to Confront U.S.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 14, 2002
(AP) - Showing no willingness to ease tensions over its nuclear weapons program, North Korea vowed Wednesday to build an army-based "powerful nation" and defy pressure from the United States. North Korea said it fears a possible U.S. military attack, but President Bush said he was confident the North's nuclear issue can be resolved through diplomacy. North Korea, in its New Year's Day message, called on its people to unite under "the banner of the army-based policy" and build a "powerful nation" to counter a possible U.S. invasion. More... http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=34&tmpl=fc&in=World&cat=North_Korea

Dosent it seem like N.Korea wants to prove something Military'ly(if thats a word lol), and the U.S really dosent wanna go to war this time..but it seems to me like N.Korea wants to?...what yall think bout this

May 5, 2002
Is North Korea sovereign? I thought the Korean war ended in a stalemate. Why is it our business to tell them they can't build nuclear weapons why we have piles of em? Is their UN restrictions on North Korea I dunno...

Jul 6, 2002
n korea had over a million foot soldiers...do you think they're scared to invade??? if they on a mission, they need to hurry up knock this hoe offa her beast over here before new age babylon go to war with the old one......i dont even own a banger, but i am ready to choke these devil out if they try to run up on me and mines talkin about acceptin the mark...

May 8, 2002
Snubnoze said:
Why is it our business to tell them they can't build nuclear weapons why we have piles of em?
because they signed a treaty with bill clinton by way of mediator jimmy carter in 1994 in which they stated that they wouldnt build nuclear weapons in return for some nuclean ENERGY reactors, lots of money, and lots of food

Snubnoze said:
Is their UN restrictions on North Korea I dunno...
yes there are. first there was a deal brokered i think in 1979 under the Carter administration, and the North Koreans pulled out of the agreement in i think 1994 and so our dumbass president Clinton appeased them and sent them jimmy carter to broker a deal in 1994 (in which they were actually blackmailing us). and jimmy got played again. he got them to sign a new deal under the UN to not build any nuclear weapons and in turn agreed to give them (basically welfare) everything that they need to survive. China and Japan are also part of the deal where they also agreed to help out with foof and oil to N. Korea to help them help themselves.

May 8, 2002
Cutt Throat777 said:
Dosent it seem like N.Korea wants to prove something Military'ly(if thats a word lol), and the U.S really dosent wanna go to war this time
you can bet you ass that if we werent involved in this situation with Iraq they wouldnt be acting up. they think we are going to let them slide because we are busy right now. but you can bet that as soon as the Iraqi situation is resolved they will calm down.

Cutt Throat777 said:
and the U.S really dosent wanna go to war
contrary to what alote of people think we dont want to go to war if it is avoidable but Hussien does have to be dealt with or rest assured 5 years from now he will be another N. Korea with nukes and ready to use them

Cutt Throat777 said:
..but it seems to me like N.Korea wants to?...what yall think bout this
i think they are tredding the waters to see how much they can get away with especially since we are preoccupied with Iraq right now.

May 1, 2002
HOW COME THE US WON'T GO AFTER A COUNTRY THAT THEY KNOW HAS NUCLEAR WEAPONS...BUT YET THEY WANNA GO TO WAR WITH IRAQ...BUT WITH A MORE POWERFUL N. KOREA THJEY WANNA SETTLE IT THROUGH DEPOLICMY N NOT WITH WAR LIKE IN THE CASE OF IRAQ

I THINK BECAUSE BUSH SR. WANTS TO GET SADDAM SINCE HE COULDN'T WHEN HE WAS PRESIDENT...AND OIL WOULD B A NIECE SPOIL OF WAR

May 8, 2002
mExIcaNox4 said:
HOW COME THE US WON'T GO AFTER A COUNTRY THAT THEY KNOW HAS NUCLEAR WEAPONS...BUT YET THEY WANNA GO TO WAR WITH IRAQ...BUT WITH A MORE POWERFUL N. KOREA THJEY WANNA SETTLE IT THROUGH DEPOLICMY N NOT WITH WAR LIKE IN THE CASE OF IRAQ
maybe because we are already in to deep with Iraq and we are going to be busy fighting with them. also while i am confident and others (bush, rumsfeld, chainey, powell, and rice) are also confident we can win two simultanous wars. it is preferrable we deal with Iraq now and deal diplomatically with N. Korea and when the Iraq situation is done then we can change our tone with N. Korea if need be.

May 5, 2002
ok, well if clinton let them slide and get away with whatever they got away with (I need to research this situation) then how come if this is known by bush, he elected to start a war with iraq based on speculation of weapons of mass destruction when he knows for sure that N Korea does indeed have an atomic weapon.

Also, where is bin laden? I think its safe to say HE is our biggest threat...

May 8, 2002
Snubnoze said:
ok, well if clinton let them slide and get away with whatever they got away with (I need to research this situation) then how come if this is known by bush, he elected to start a war with iraq based on speculation of weapons of mass destruction when he knows for sure that N Korea does indeed have an atomic weapon.
because 5 to 10 years from now Iraq will be in the same position as N. Korea is in now with Nuclear weapons if we dont deal with him now.

and he probly decided to go with Iraq first because it is probly the easiest and can hopefully be settled quickly. in last years state of the union address Bush let the world know that we were keeping our eyes on Iraq, Iran, and N. Korea ("axis of evil"). and know korea has confirmed what bush was saying last year.

Snubnoze said:
Also, where is bin laden? I think its safe to say HE is our biggest threat...
he will also be dealt with sooner or later, the sooner the better. but he will be found so long as a conservitive is in office.

May 8, 2002
2-0-Sixx said:
^^Ya I'm real sure china, india or russia are a threat to us.
they are our allies but yet they would be way more dangerous to us than Iraq and N. Korea combined so it is safe to say that while they are not a threat to us NOW they can be a major threat if we werent allies

Jun 14, 2002
Mcleanhatch said:

they are our allies but yet they would be way more dangerous to us than Iraq and N. Korea combined so it is safe to say that while they are not a threat to us NOW they can be a major threat if we werent allies
if they WERENT our allies prolly..be like the cold war shit..the wouldnt attack us prolly and we wouldnt attack them cuz we both know our power....the thing is Iraq and N.Korea r both run but dumbasses who could give a shit less as long as they can take over something or use there wepons

May 8, 2002
Cutt Throat777 said:

if they WERENT our allies prolly..be like the cold war shit..the wouldnt attack us prolly and we wouldnt attack them cuz we both know our power....the thing is Iraq and N.Korea r both run but dumbasses who could give a shit less as long as they can take over something or use there wepons
i completely agree^^^^^^

Apr 25, 2002
Mcleanhatch said:
because 5 to 10 years from now Iraq will be in the same position as N. Korea is in now with Nuclear weapons if we dont deal with him now.
Wow, that's a pretty powerful crystal ball you must have...Ive never heard of a person being able to see into the future. Consider yourself lucky. :rolleyes: "Hey, I think I'll go beat the shit out of that kid who's standing there minding his own business...cuz, ya know, in 5 to 10 years he might be big and want to kick my ass!"

And let me get this straight...N. Korea is in our face right here and right now with nukes, but we want to concentrate on Iraq to stop them from being in N. Korea's CURRENT position 5 to 10 years from now? Elaborate, cuz that makes NO sense to me. Admit it...IT'S ALL ABOUT THE OIL.