Are Catholics the same as Christians?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 8, 2002
I thought this should have its own thread. I didnt want to clog the "real" debate on the Popes thoughts on Condom use in the other thread.

I can't really see how the two are the same. I mean there are so many different Denominations but They all teach the basics of the ten commandments and use the "Holy" Bible as the main study point. Some do choose to munipulate the text to fit what ever need they want but still its the Bible. If they create a new "bible" they also create a new religion.
I dont mean translations, even though there are hundreds. i mean add books to the bible and some tmes even creating whole new books to stand alone, ahead of the Bible.

That is just one point how Catholics very from Christians but there are more such as God's law of worshipping "False Idols"? That is rule one for Catholisicm. Pray to the Pope, The Saint, the Father, Mother Mary..... but dont pray to God.

I can go on and on but some people believe the two Religions are the same. My Oppinion differs from yours but that is OK.

:siccness:

Nov 24, 2003
lol

Generally speaking....

wikipedia said:
There is a diversity of doctrines and practices among groups calling themselves Christian. These groups are sometimes classified under denominations, though for theological reasons many groups reject this classification system.

Christianity may be broadly represented as being divided into five main groupings: Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, Oriental Orthodoxy, Protestantism and Restorationism

Mar 9, 2005
It's all semantics really - after all, both are based on outlandish, unbelievable and unsubstantiated claims.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
The real reason Catholics can’t be Freemasons | CatholicHerald.co.uk

Excerpt
"In the encyclical Humanum Genus, Pope Leo XIII described the Masonic agenda as the exclusion of the Church from participation in public affairs and the gradual erosion of her rights as an institutional member of society. During his time as Pope, Leo wrote a great many condemnations of Freemasonry, pastoral and legal. He outlined, in detail, what the Church considered to be the Masonic agenda and, reading it with contemporary eyes, it is still shockingly relevant."

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2016
Chatt-Town
I'm New Creation, And I Hold Church In Town. Jesus Can Have The Disciples.
So disciples are belonged to Jesus as "Christians?" As well as his believed believers in him are known as just "Believers?" Making two, now a witness in the church. So the Church then holds the name of our city or town we amongst stay in? And all together are called the "New Creation?" Formed by the twitch of God's finger, Crafted in the same manner, that we are all God's Covenanted Belonged Children, Catholic or any other denomination, is what you are trying to tell us?

Amen, Amen, Amen, Praise Be To The Lord Almighty God For Your Sincerity And Truth You Give Us, Please Be More Outspokenly.

Dec 25, 2016
Chatt-Town
Gizmo @Gizmo
If we all choose to manipulate the bible we wouldn't be though as Job was "perfect." The perfection is in the Father, but obvisouly not everything could be told of God in a book on earth because not everything could be placed of a book on earth of Jesus even because it would fill the whole earth.

Edit: fill the earth and more.

The bible is a book of scriptures it doesn't matter how many or added, just as long if they are all "True Scriptures." I desire it all to be the same but think it's a cool design, however the book of books "is what it is called in Joshua I believe," I believe is just a book of True Scriptures.

I went to a catholic church and was never told to worship a statue and only bow to an alter where the word of God was lied upon. I didn't know anyone who worshipped the statues, but like me stood and stared in owe at one day meeting the people of God, like they were celebrities and had a statue in the church.

But we are not to "see" any division in the church, but that doesn't mean there wouldn't be any difference between us.

But like always I come to serve the Lord and say I'm free and don't know about this God's law of speaking the commandment I must choose from, I'll go dumb lost sheep before I say I must obey a commandment of Law of the New Covenant. I only observe the things that say I have to do because it is sin if I don't (but will sin sometimes or do it anyways out of love or Innocence for there isn't a sin) and I read only from being moral will keep you from the wrath of God.

Peace Brotha

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2016
Chatt-Town
What you may not know about me is that I follow what the bible says though out it from the new testament to the old. I've watched over 1000's of hours of sermons and read the bible, but indeed need more background to research the form structure of it. But the Law is done away to Christians that we must obey it and fall under being scrutinized and governed by it. The only thing I want a Christian to do is to be free in Christ and understand that the whole word of God is well for them. If they choose a different route I wish for no one to point and say they must or have too obey it, it is up to them.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
In the last decade or so, there has been a revival of reformed teachers in the church, and naturally the debate about Catholic vs. Protestant has come up time and time again. There are an increasing number of Christians (protestant) who say that Catholics are NOT Christians at all, and they are a cult much in the same way that Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormon (the LDS church) are. The reasoning behind this is that they value their own traditions as highly as they value the Bible, they require certain works for one to be saved (the keeping of the sacraments) as opposed to being saved by grace through faith, and essentially say Christ is being sacrificed on the cross all over again every single time they have mass. The Catholic belief in transsubstantiation has also been a sticking point, because Catholics believe that when they take communion it turns into the literal flesh and blood of Christ, and this is necessary for salvation to get into heaven. The belief in Purgatory and Apochrypha is yet another fairly large sticking point.

Having said all of that, I think there are some Catholics who are saved and are genuinely Christians. However, it is also my belief that they are saved in spite of what the Catholic church teaches is necessary in addition to faith and confession that Christ is Lord.

There are some pretty weighty differences, and a lot of Catholics do not believe that anyone other than Catholics get into heaven with the exceptions of maybe some orthodox churches. There has been some effort to unite the Catholic and Protestant churches at large, but they have fallen short based mostly on the being saved by grace through faith point, which is sad.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
This saving thing is funny. Let me give you a parable from an innocent without sin then 16 year old, who is now 18. Her father says to her "I bought 4 pairs of Levi's on clearance today for $80 and saved $100." The 16 year old says "You didn't save anything, you spent $80."

Now, what does that have to do with the saving you speak of? Because you aren't saving anything either.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
This saving thing is funny. Let me give you a parable from an innocent without sin then 16 year old, who is now 18. Her father says to her "I bought 4 pairs of Levi's on clearance today for $80 and saved $100." The 16 year old says "You didn't save anything, you spent $80."

Now, what does that have to do with the saving you speak of? Because you aren't saving anything either.
Being born-again or "saved" is the central point and theme of Christianity. Make fun of it all you want. I'm not the one that created it, it's been around for thousands of years.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Being born-again or "saved" is the central point and theme of Christianity. Make fun of it all you want. I'm not the one that created it, it's been around for thousands of years.
Humans have been around for roughly 4 million years. You think after 99.94% of our existence we all of a sudden needed to be "born-again or saved," well, not only do I not have to make fun of it, I can clearly logically and emphatically see I am not dealing with a rational person who believes such nonsense.

Props: mouth_my_nuts