Are Catholics the same as Christians?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Humans have been around for roughly 4 million years. You think after 99.94% of our existence we all of a sudden needed to be "born-again or saved," well, not only do I not have to make fun of it, I can clearly logically and emphatically see I am not dealing with a rational person who believes such nonsense.
Amazing that after millions of years of existence, no one thought to create any reliable written record of history until the last .5% of that. We must be evolving at a ridiculously rapid rate here all at once!

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Amazing that after millions of years of existence, no one thought to create any reliable written record of history until the last .5% of that. We must be evolving at a ridiculously rapid rate here all at once!
I agree, it is extremely interesting that we mostly communicated with gestures and expressions (and actually still do). Actually, your .5% is incorrect. Written discernable language has existed for approximately 15,000 years, as we (well not you, apparently) have learned thus far.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I agree, it is extremely interesting that we mostly communicated with gestures and expressions (and actually still do). Actually, your .5% is incorrect. Written discernable language has existed for approximately 15,000 years, as we (well not you, apparently) have learned thus far.
I was being facetious and using your figure of 99.5% of time elapsed for the human race. Sorry that the joke wasn't clear enough.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Pope Francis: 'There Is No Hell'

In another interview with his longtime atheist friend, Eugenio Scalfari, Pope Francis claims that Hell does not exist and that condemned souls just "disappear." This is a denial of the 2,000-year-old teaching of the Catholic Church about the reality of Hell and the eternal existence of the soul.
I heard about that the other day. Allegedly it was taken out of context, but who knows? That doctrine is known as annihilationism I believe, or that's at least one aspect of it. Some people interpret the Bible talking about hell as being reserved for satan and the anti-Christ only, some view that even they will be destroyed forever. Some people the torment for those who are not believers will last forever in hell, etc...

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
I thought this should have its own thread. I didnt want to clog the "real" debate on the Popes thoughts on Condom use in the other thread.

I can't really see how the two are the same. I mean there are so many different Denominations but They all teach the basics of the ten commandments and use the "Holy" Bible as the main study point. Some do choose to munipulate the text to fit what ever need they want but still its the Bible. If they create a new "bible" they also create a new religion.
I dont mean translations, even though there are hundreds. i mean add books to the bible and some tmes even creating whole new books to stand alone, ahead of the Bible.

That is just one point how Catholics very from Christians but there are more such as God's law of worshipping "False Idols"? That is rule one for Catholisicm. Pray to the Pope, The Saint, the Father, Mother Mary..... but dont pray to God.

I can go on and on but some people believe the two Religions are the same. My Oppinion differs from yours but that is OK.

:siccness:
I don't know if this will make any sense at all but I was raised Roman Catholic and I don't pray to the Pope, I don't even acknowledge the Pope because I seriously believe he's the anti-Christ. He is literally operating outside of the Bible and contradicting many tenants of Christianity - it's almost like he's a "dictator" of sorts, and in a away Popes usually are however this Pope is a different brand of dictator considering he doesn't consult his Bible when he opens his mouth and spews his Marxist dogma...

Interestingly enough - not sure if you're familiar with the prophet Nostradamus, however one of his prophecies was that there would be 112 Popes after his death, and Pope Francis is Pope 112 and given the way Pope Francis "dictates" and what he's teaching, this could be the end of Catholicism - at least as believers traditionally understand the religion. I mean Pope Francis is promoting Biblical contradictions, and what he preaches could be construed as Heresy - and he himself a Heretic, and I'm not the only one that believes that either - millions of Catholics feel the same way.

I mean, I'm not a "hardcore Catholic" or "Bible Thumper" by any means - however I'm a quasi-practicing Catholic, I go to Church (or at least try) on Catholic Holidays..... I consider myself Christian, and yes - Catholics are different from other denominations but we're all Christians... I mean it's like people - there are people of all races yet we're still all human's, sure there is a variance of traits and tenants that separate Catholics from other Christian denominations, however all denominations share the same core tenants.... Well, of course you have these "new age" Christian denominations but to be honest I don't consider these denominations legitimate because these denominations are nothing more than political organizations with a political agenda cloaked in religion...... C'mon, gay, lesbian & transsexual "priests" that preach Marxism and "social justice" up to and including violence.... And I think it's these new age "denominations" that Pope Francis panders to when he spews his Heresy which is why I view Pope Francis as the anti-Pope or the anti-Christ, because he's trying to redefine or change Catholicism.. I mean you can change a lot of things but religion and it's tenants aren't one of them. There is no amendment process in the Catholic Church - a Pope just cant rewrite the Bible as he sees fit, and Pope Francis clearly believes he can, like he's the House, Senate & Supreme Court of Christianity and it's his duty to dictate Christianity how he sees fit...

At any rate, as a Catholic and Christian that's the way I see it, and many Christians share my concerns - especially traditionalists..... I mean calling Pope Francis a "Progressive Pope" would be an understatement - he's more like a Marxist Pope with the ego of Joseph Stalin and a hard-on for "social justice".....

So yea, I'm sticking to my Bible and ignoring absolutely everything Pope Francis says, because he's doing profound damage to Catholicism and is taking the religion in a contradictory direction.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
Humans have been around for roughly 4 million years. You think after 99.94% of our existence we all of a sudden needed to be "born-again or saved," well, not only do I not have to make fun of it, I can clearly logically and emphatically see I am not dealing with a rational person who believes such nonsense.
Seriously, you believe you're so enlightened and too intelligent to fall for "religious dogma" yet you don't even know how long Homo Sapiens (modern humans) have been in existence.

Humans (Homo sapiens) have not been around for 4 million years, at least not modern man - Homo sapiens have only been around for 800,000 to 1.2 million years - 4 million years ago (Pliocene Era) our ancestors (Ardipithecus) were basically ape-like creatures that couldn't even communicate, the only trait they had in common with modern humans was the fact they were Bipedal, they weren't even using tools - they were basically apes and lived like apes for all practical purposes (they were still millions of years away from evolving into "cavemen").. I mean our ancestors didn't even migrate out of Africa until 1.5 million years ago, and they weren't Homo sapiens either..... So yea, Homo sapiens (modern humans no different from us) haven't been around very long - at least on the Earths time scale.... Heck, Neanderthals existed up until 40,000 years ago - there is some evidence to suggest they survived as late as 10,000 years ago, so Homo sapiens & Neanderthals co-existed and did so for at least 800,000 years.. Some anthropologists believe Homo sapiens either interbred Neanderthals out of existence or they died off because they couldn't compete for resources with the more intelligent, more evolved Homo Sapiens...

Either way, Homo Sapiens were NOT around 4,000,000 years ago, and if you want to bash religion at least know your shit, I mean you can't go around flaming people of faith portraying them as being gullible or stupid while you have no idea what you're talking about yourself..

Also, belief in a higher power (God) is as old as Humanity.. So Humans have always had faith (or have been spiritual), I mean there is evidence to suggest Neanderthals had faith in a higher power, given the artifacts found at their burial sites that suggests they had spiritual rituals for their dead.

There is no culture in history known to not have a "God" or have some commonly believed spiritual aspect to their culture.

So humans "all of a sudden" just didn't start believing in a higher power - they've always believed in a "higher being" and this can be seen in their art - not only that but some of the earliest writings spoke of God or Gods, and it was clear that even when these ideas were manifested, that these "Gods" were tradition...

Every documented culture since the inception of writing, art and language had their own "higher beings" - they all worshiped something - be it the Sun, Moon, Stars, God or Gods.... I mean do you really think religion (organized or otherwise) began with Judaism?? lol

So yea, Humans have generally all believed in a creator - especially before the evolution of science.... If a creature is self-aware usually they will speculate where they came from and who "made all of this" so they believe a higher power did - they knew it wasn't them.... I mean if you want to talk about a recent concept - Atheism is a "new" concept ...99.94% of human history Atheists didn't exist, because the concept of Atheism (that there is no creator) is irrational.... I mean you can believe or not believe in what you like, as a libertarian I support that, however Atheists can't prove there is no God but the evidence to suggest there is a God is all around us, It's anecdotal, but it's still evidence none the less.... Besides, science can't explain everything yet - and perhaps science itself IS the proof there is a God, perhaps science is reverse engineering God (or the creators) work.... I mean I could argue that what you call science I call reverse engineering - the understanding of how the creator works.. I mean that argument is just as valid as the assertion there is no God or creator, but like I said - at least there is evidence - the fact we exist is evidence of something we don't fully understand yet.... And that's the problem with science - we only know (and can prove) only a fraction of a fraction of reality... I mean science is consistently rewriting itself - it's called learning... And to be honest I think it's irrational to just dismiss ideas based on face value however people have been doing that since forever - stuff we know today as fact was considered poppycock 200-300 years ago.... You know, because rocks just don't fall out of the sky - that's just preposterous - or so they thought 200 years ago, lol..

Last edited:
May 9, 2002
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Introduction to Human Evolution | The Smithsonian Institution's Human Origins Program

6-2 million year old fossils....

"One of the earliest defining human traits, bipedalism -- the ability to walk on two legs -- evolved over 4 million years ago. Other important human characteristics -- such as a large and complex brain, the ability to make and use tools, and the capacity for language -- developed more recently. Many advanced traits -- including complex symbolic expression, art, and elaborate cultural diversity -- emerged mainly during the past 100,000 years."

Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
And I'm not wasting my time reading the 12 paragraphs above you. Regardless if it's 4 million or 300,000.....needing to be saved is nonsense....most people need to be saved from themselves- self-destruction
I'm late to the party, I know. What is being "saved" to you as a non believer. We know what you must do to BE saved. But what IS being saved to your understanding of the bible. I just found what you said interesting considering my view of what Saved is

Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
The term save is just being a slave with a silent l in spell casting. If you save yourself you are only indebted or enslaved to yourself.

Smoke on that breh.
That's a cool view point; however You said in spell casting thats what it means. Your explanation is literally the opposite of what it is in the bible.

Being saved is in the old testament too when Jesus and "being saved" were thousands of years after. What did they have to be "saved" from/for then?

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
That's a cool view point; however You said in spell casting thats what it means. Your explanation is literally the opposite of what it is in the bible.

Being saved is in the old testament too when Jesus and "being saved" were thousands of years after. What did they have to be "saved" from/for then?
The Bible is spell casting

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
The entire book is an example fam. Let me simplify it like this:
When I say/text spell casting, you conjecture a certain belief system catered to what those two words mean termed together. Truth be told, it doesn't matter if you and 7 billion others all have variablility of opinion, it's the fact that you have all been assigned to your belief system(s). This is spell casting in it's essence.

Props: SeriouslyThug