THAT BUDWEISER COMMERCIAL

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
HOW MANY OF YAW SEEN IT? FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE OR WHAT I'M TALKIN' BOUT, I'M TALKIN' BOUT THE ONE WHERE THERE ARE THREE YOUNg WHITEBOYS WHO ARE DRESSED IN HIP-HOP APPAREL. ONE HAS A gULF CAP UPSIDE DOWN AND BAKWARDS. THE ONE IN THE MIDDLE HAS A DU-RAg ON AND THE ONE TO THE RIgHT MOST HAS BRAIDS.

N-E-WAY THEY WALKIN' DOWN THE STREET BOBBIN' THEY HEAD OR WHAT NOT AND COME ACCROSS THREE BLAK MEN(EACH ONE HOLDIN' A BUDWEISER BOTTLE OF BEER. WHEN THEY MEET, THE WHITE BOYS JUST LOOK AT THE BLAK MEN AND LOOK KIND OF FRIgHTENED AND THEN ONE OF THEM SAYS IN A gENTLE VOICE, "EXCUSE ME" TO LET THEM PASS BY. WELL THE WHITE gUYS WALK OFF AND THE BROTHAS STAY ON THE CORNER AND A FEW SECONDS LATER LOOK AT EACH OTHA AND START CRACCIN' THE FUK UP. AND THE SLOgAN FOR BUDWEISER IS STAY TRUE OR SOMETHIN' LIKE THAT.

MY QUESTION TO YAW IS WHAT YAW THINK BUDWEISER WAS TRYIN' TO DO WITH THAT COMMERCIAL? I CERTAINLY HAD A gOOD LAUgH. WERE THEY ON POINT? WERE THEY WRONg? WHAT?

Sep 3, 2002
Thats interesting......

......because commercials do say a lot about a society, or at least current images in a society, I have not seen the commercial, but I could easily conjure the image up in my head.

I would say the intentions of Budwieser are first to appeal to the Black alchohal consumer, I haven't seen the commercial but I'm making the assumption that all the brothas were nicely dressed: polos, button up shirts, leather jackets probably well built, without the beer gut most budwieser drinkers have. Maybe this isn't the case at all. regaurdless Budwieser is making efforts to clean up its name as being the white trash beer.

Secondly, some of the promoters/ advertisers, at budwieser probably have children. Taking note of the increasing trend of white suburbanite youth taking a liking to Hip Hop culture, The Advertisers probably had in mind condemning the younger generation of white hip hop listeners for not continuing the tradition of going to the rodeo, watching wrestling/ nascar, and listening to willy nelson.

Theres another Sobe commercial with the same concept the "be yourself" slogan backing it up.

I would say they're wrong because its a complete contradiction to BE YOURSELF, when your administering a DRUG that is going to make you NOT BE YOURSELF.

I think its wrong because alchohal is a repulsive drug. that they're trying to use to prey on blacks and further opress them, beacuase of the result they get---- a laugh or some sort of emotion.

But I don't think they're wrong because of how they portray the whiteboys. It doesn't hurt them unless thats how they are-----scared of another man, but its not like any whiteboy who listens to rap and saw that commercial is going to stop listening to rap because budwieser is clowning him on t.v.

shep

Sicc OG
Oct 2, 2002
Re: Thats interesting......

TrEmEnDo InDo said:

Secondly, some of the promoters/ advertisers, at budwieser probably have children. Taking note of the increasing trend of white suburbanite youth taking a liking to Hip Hop culture, The Advertisers probably had in mind condemning the younger generation of white hip hop listeners for not continuing the tradition of going to the rodeo, watching wrestling/ nascar, and listening to willy nelson.
that's the most ridiculous thing i have ever read. the commercial is making fun of so-called "wiggers" not condeming hip hop or black culture

Dec 2, 2002
therealtechn9ne.com
"condemning the younger generation of white hip hop listeners for not continuing the tradition of going to the rodeo, watching wrestling/ nascar, and listening to willy nelson."
lmao
theyre pissed cause their kids dont like to go to rodeos any more so they made a commercial

Aug 25, 2003
Once again EDJ your ignorance shines thorugh. This cat doenst like white people. Just wait I got something brewing for you about to go down in the Rap battle forums I think I need to take you out of the rap game.

Epidemic

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
^HOW AM I IgNORANT? I DIDN'T MAKE THE COMMERCIAL. TAKE THAT SHIT UP WITH BUDWEISER. I WAS ASKIN' A QUESTION. FEEL FREE TO ANSWER IT. THAT'S WHAT THIS FORUM IS ALL ABOUT. AND YOU TAKIN' ME OUT THE RAP gAME? LOL. THANKS FOR THE gOOD LAUgH. AND YOU CAN POST IN THE BATTLE FORUM ALL YOU WANT. I NEVA gO THERE. I RAP IN REAL LIFE, FUK TYPIN' WORDS ON THE INTERNET WITH EAST-COAST WANNA-BE COLLEgE ATTENDIN' SQUARE BEARS. WHILE YOU SPENDIN' YOUR SPARE TIME ON THE NET, I'M MAKIN' MASTERPIECES AND HITS AND REINFORCIN' THE STRUCTURE OF MY FOUNDATION.

Aug 25, 2003
EDJ said:
AND YOU CAN POST IN THE BATTLE FORUM ALL YOU WANT. I NEVA gO THERE. I RAP IN REAL LIFE, FUK TYPIN' WORDS ON THE INTERNET WITH EAST-COAST WANNA-BE COLLEgE ATTENDIN' SQUARE BEARS.

This says it all about you EDJ thanks for joke. Iam glad to see I have hurt you this much.

Epidemic

R.I.P-John Penza

Mar 15, 2003
EDJ said:
AND YOU CAN POST IN THE BATTLE FORUM ALL YOU WANT. I NEVA gO THERE. I RAP IN REAL LIFE, FUK TYPIN' WORDS ON THE INTERNET WITH EAST-COAST WANNA-BE COLLEgE ATTENDIN' SQUARE BEARS.
Lmao. Thats sig worthy. How come every wannabe from college try to rap east coast...

Mar 15, 2003
Re: Thats interesting......

TrEmEnDo InDo said:
[BI would say the intentions of Budwieser are first to appeal to the Black alchohal consumer, [/b]
This is the interesting paradox of the popularization of hip-hop. What they are actually trying to do is appeal to a white audience. In dissing wiggas, as I posted on earlier, they are forcing people to either legitimize or step back. In either case, they win the approval of both wiggas and ashamed white people. It's a strange reverse psychology. In making fun of wiggas and on the surface advertising to black people, they advertise to both pussy college types who are ashamed of their whiteness and romanticize minorities/minority culture and wiggas.

regaurdless Budwieser is making efforts to clean up its name as being the white trash beer.
Possibly, however the time in which white people will all laugh and go "Hehe that's funny man, you're a funny guy" and take the outright clowning and bullshit will soon pass. They better hope black/minorities take to Budweiser, or else they're seriously fucking their bread and butter.

Taking note of the increasing trend of white suburbanite youth taking a liking to Hip Hop culture, The Advertisers probably had in mind condemning the younger generation of white hip hop listeners for not continuing the tradition of going to the rodeo, watching wrestling/ nascar, and listening to willy nelson.
I doubt it, but it's a theory nonetheless. Willy Nelson, Wrestling, and Nascar are not the only pasttimes the majority of whites show interest in. I used to drink Bud in the street wit a tagger crew and some mexicans every day. It was more about price.

[/b]But I don't think they're wrong because of how they portray the whiteboys. It doesn't hurt them unless thats how they are-----scared of another man, but its not like any whiteboy who listens to rap and saw that commercial is going to stop listening to rap because budwieser is clowning him on t.v. [/B]
Agreed. Advertising and concepts like this will eventually seperate the white people worth my time from those who aren't.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
ALREADY DEAD,
I REALLY DON'T KNOW. MAYBE THEY FIgURE SINCE THEY EDUCATED, USIN BIg WORDS AND OVER-EMPHASIZATION ON SIMILIES CONFUSED WITH METAPHORS, IS COMFORTABLE AND MORE REAL TO THEM THAN TALKIN' BOUT THE STREETS THEY HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT.

May 12, 2002
GoProGraphics.com
I think the country will eventually be "black" in the future, if i may be excused to label it like that. From my experiences, ive had fun the most, being with people who live like the way black folks are represented in good ways on tv and movies. Weather they act like that and are black, white, indian, or whatever. Not like violence and gangs, im talking about the humor and positive lifestyle and behavior. One day we will all be the "guys on the corner" from the comercial laughing.

B

Blackjack 1577

I just saw that commercial yesterday

I thought it was some funny ass shit, it was real too.