New Doomsday Interview

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

wino

Sicc OG
Jan 4, 2004
1. Tell me about how doomsday production came to be.
Eklypss- We all grew up together,same hood, same schools, and basically the same mentality. We was potnas before all this rap shit even came about. We was already Doomsday before we even knew we was Doomsday. Jus some lil bad ass snotty nose muthafucca's growin up tearin up shit. We started rappin when I was about 13yrs old and we called ourselves The Raiders Of Doom. It wasn't until a few years later when we finaly got some music equipment and started producing shit we became Doomsday Productions.

2. If you could describe Doomsday in one word, what would it be?
Pit- DOOMED! BECAUSE DOOM IS REALITY AND REALITY AINT ALWAYS GOOD

3.What is your favorite song of your own creation and why?
Eklypss- Everytime we do a new song its my favorite. I'll leave that for the fans to decide, because now the new shit that we're doing is some of the best shit we've ever done.

4. I heard you on the last Tragedy album and thought you ripped up Cannibalistic Cuisine, so now i hear rumors of you being on the next Tragedy album, care to speak on that?
Eklypss- Yea we dropped some shit on a couple tracks for his new shit! We are always down to work wit muthafucca's thats really out there puttin shit down, and I think Tragedy has progressed a lot in the last couple years as an artist and business man. I've heard some of the tracks for his next album and the shit is hot!!

5. If you could work with anyone else who would you wanna hook up with.
Eklypss- Dr Dre, Esham, Tech N9ne, Russel Simmons, and Clive Davis.

6. Rumor has it you're working on a new album, care to drop some hints on what we can expect...
PB 7 - We are workin on a gang of shit. Different flavors on different projects. I know we done said it b4 but it looks like we all doin solos this year. Eklypss will sound different than Pit who will sound different than Playboy 7. Just stay tuned to the website at http://www.cinsityrecords.com for all the shit droppin this year.

7. How did you and Lynch hook up to start making the wicked shit?
Pit- We was all fuccin around wit Black Market Records back in 1993-94. We hooked up on our first cd "XV" on the song "Black Market" and the rest is history.

8. Explain to the world the difference between The Apocolpse Pit, The Platnium Playboy, The Sinister Minister Eklypss.. and the normal Pit, Playboy, and Eklypss?
Eklypss- The only difference between what you hear on cd and the normal Eklypss, Pit, and Playboy7 is we are a lot more mellow and laid back than you might think. What I mean by that is, I aint out there choppin muthafucca's up everyday like I do on these cd's. I only do it every other day.

9. Who else have you enjoyed working with during your career?
Pit- We aint really worked wit a lot of people exept for Lynch, thats never been our thang. If somebody got a verse or appeared on our shit it was only a select few. mostly muthafucca's yall aint never heard of.

10. What was life like for you all before Doomsday?
PB7 -The same as it is for everybody else. Matter of fact it still is for the most part. WE ARE AVERAGE PEOPLE WHO LEARNED HOW TO EXPLOIT THE TALENTS WE ARE ALL BORN WITH. What if Tony Hawk never jumped on a skateboard, what if Shaq was more interested in swimming than basketball? For Doomsday we live normal lives until it's time to put some music down.

11. If you were to kill anybody who would it be?
PB7 -You are assuming that 1 person we wanted to kill didn't get killed. That subject is Taboo.

12. If you were to have to get rid of a body how would you do it?
PB7- That's a trade secret.

13. Do you think Mainstream is about to be ambushed by the dark Rap scene?
PB7 - No, and would you still like it if it did? It will continue to grow but it aint for the mainstream, It's specialized.

14. So how did you meet up with the Necropimp himself?
PB 7- We was doin a show in Portland and in every city we go to you got somebody who is like your tour guide for the day. They know where the weed is at, the hoes, the best places to eat, the record stores, they know they city like we know Vegas. In Portland it was Trag, he was performin at the show. Trag is a hussla so he knew to stay in touch and capitalize on the connection. We don't go to Portland without fuckin with Trag now.

15. How has life changed since doom was formed?
Pit- Shit has changed a lot since Doom was formed. We was kids when we first started doin this shit man. We grew up in this shit. Life has its own way of takin a muthafucca on a rollacoaster ride and we jus gotta roll wit the muthafucca. We got responsabilities now,- to our families, the label, and our fans.

16. What is the worst title you have received during your carreer?
Pit- We have been called everything from Gangsta Rappers to Horrorcore, and basically I don't agree with any title people try to put on us. We jus do what we do and try not to even get mixxed up or pinned down to any title or catagory muthafucca's try to put us in. We are strictly Doomstas.

17. For those new to doom how many cd's do you have out?
PB 7- As of january 2005 it's 12 CD's and 3 videotapes.

18. If you where on an island away from everyone in the world what Three things would you bring to pass the time?
PB 7 -A dual 2.5 ghz G5, some vittles and Halle Berry.

19. Do you have a name for what you call your "fans"?
PB7 - Doomstas.

20. What do you think of other rappers trying to be hard when you know there spines are jello
PB 7 - It's part of peoples jobs to pretend. When you go to Kentuck Fried Chicken the person taking your order has to pretend they are happy to take your order when really they dont give a shit about you or your 2 piece. Rappers pretend too. In real life I dont fuck a fraction of the bitches I do on CD...I mean I could, but I don't.

wino

Sicc OG
Jan 4, 2004
21. Do you believe the persons who came up with "bling" rap should be killed and if so how?
PB7- Naw the bling rap had a lot of fans for a while, there is room for bling. I liked a few of them songs, ya'll did too. It's what I was talkin about before, about dark rap, if it blew up like bling did it would get played out and the original fans of the music wouldn't want to hear it no mo.

22. How is Doom diffrent than most music you hear on the radio, and why won't MTV play Doomsday?
PB 7- MTV dont play Doom cuz we put out our own music. We don't have a Multi-National Billion dollar company puttin our music out. PERIOD! It aint cuz the music it's cuz the business.

23. Do you make it through the day without thinking about killing someone (i know i have problems doing it..)?
Eklypss- I can't even make thru an hour without thinkin about takin a muthafucca out, as a matter of fact I'm thinkin about killin the muthafucca thats makin me answer all these fuccin questions right now. Its hard to not think about shit like that when the shit is constantly around you all the time. I think about it 24 times more than the average muthafucca who thinks about it once a day.

24. Which would you choose: Bitches or Bud?
PB7 - Bitches. You can get high and still have to clip your own toe nails. Bitches can do more for you than bud can.

25. So when is the next big tour for the Doom?
Eklypss- Probably this summer. We have a lot of projects we are workin on this year so we'll have to work it in between somehow.

26. What is somthing you all hold dear to your heart?
Pit- all the shit we've been thru in this business good and bad has helped us reach out to people all over the place, and knowing that our music reached a muthafucca in Japan or the UK, or Oregan....it ain't no other feeling in the world like that.

27. Name one thing you miss in this fast paced rap scene you wish wouldn't have changed.
PB 7 -Sales! If u like Doomsday you can get the whole album for free. I miss the days when folks showed they appreciation with a purchase.

28. What is the city of sin like for the doom?
Eklypss- Its like a fuccin playground out here man. any and everything a muthafucca could want to do is here, from gambling to bitches to fight nights to the best night of sin you ever had in yo life. Remember what happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas!!

29. With so many people claiming to be the Godfather of wicked shit, who do you think is the undisputed Godfather or Godfathers?and who do you see coming up in the horrorcore
PB7 - You gotta recognize Esham, ICP and Tech N9ne as the OG's.scene.

30. Who was it that first inspired you to pick up the mic and rap?
Eklypss- Run DMC, LL Cool J, Ice T, NWA. These is jus some of the people we used to listen to growin up that influenced us to pick up the mic.

31. What is your honest thoughts about Tragedy?
PB 7- I think he should stop paintin his face up cuz ICP owns that...I mentioned it to him but he dont give a shit what i say. Personally he is good people. From his first album to where he is now it's a huge difference...mostly in the production. I heard a few cuts from him that I wish we would have thought of.

32. How do you handle hate when it comes your way?
Eklypss- As long as muthafucca's aint tryin to take it to a level where they finna try to cause physical harm to us or our people I don't give a shit. I luv to be hated because that means that a muthafucca must be thinkin about us enough to even give a shit about hatin us. Our job is done!

33. Is your next album in your opinion the best of the best of your work?why?
PB7 - Don't know yet, gotta wait til its done but I can tell you the Survival of the Siccest which dropped in March 2004 is one of our best lately.

34. Any stories about being on the road you wish to share?
PB7 - Naw, my broad is starting to get hip to the internet.

35. What is in your CD player right now?
Eklypss- Honestly I was jus listening to the XV albun. Every once in a while I go back and listen to the shit we did on our previous cd's.

36. Do you have any shout outs you wanna send out?
PB7- All ya'll that BUY our music, we give it up to yall. Thanks, and we got more Dark shit for yall.

There it is... A peek inside the minds of Pit, Eklypss, and Playboy 7... The true genius behind Doomsday. Brought to you by Tragedy and Tragedy503.com. Look for more inside interviews from the greatest artists in horrorcore soon.

Aug 4, 2003
Eugene
oregonshane.wordpress.com
Pit- all the shit we've been thru in this business good and bad has helped us reach out to people all over the place, and knowing that our music reached a muthafucca in Japan or the UK, or Oregan....it ain't no other feeling in the world like that.

That shits funny, wonderin if he meant oregon. And hell yeah doomsday gots fans way out here, and not only in p-town.

May 11, 2002
Good Interview Wino.........

I would like to see Doomsday work with Esham. That would be tight if they did a couple tracks together.

AlcoholicLoser

I drink a lot of beer
Jun 3, 2002
Oregon Coast
11. If you were to kill anybody who would it be?
PB7 -You are assuming that 1 person we wanted to kill didn't get killed. That subject is Taboo.

12. If you were to have to get rid of a body how would you do it?
PB7- That's a trade secret.

LOL these are some funny ass questions

Feb 23, 2003
wino said:
27. Name one thing you miss in this fast paced rap scene you wish wouldn't have changed.
PB 7 -Sales! If u like Doomsday you can get the whole album for free. I miss the days when folks showed they appreciation with a purchase.

...nuff said.

Apr 26, 2005
Maniac541 said:

That shits funny, wonderin if he meant oregon. And hell yeah doomsday gots fans way out here, and not only in p-town.

waht you mean when you say p-town?