How did Doomsday hook up w/Black Market

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 11, 2002
I have always wondered this.....
How did Doomsday hook up w/Black Market in the begining? Did Doomsday have any underground tapes in Las Vegas before they hooked up w/Black Market? And what was the reason for Doomsday only releasing 1 CD w/ Black Market and leaving?
And who is the bitch spread across the table in the XV booklet? LOL.

Jun 21, 2003
www.gubb.nu
in the doomsday productions interview in murder dog magazine vol.7, nr.1 they say this to pig balls about the black market link:

"md: are you from sacramento originally?

dp: we´re from las vegas. people get it twisted though because our first album came out on black market records-black market´s based in sacramento. we´ve been here our whole lives. northtown, las vegas.

md: you were working with brotha lynch, and also you were talking about stuff similar to what sacramento rappers talk about.

dp: we always talked that typa shit. doomsday. we just tended to talk about the darkest day that a person ever had, like his worst nightmare. we always talked about pain, we always talked about fiery, anger. it was a part of us from the beginning. it just so happened that brotha lynch hung came from the same kinda level.

md: did you connect with cedric singleton of black market first or brotha lynch hung?

dp: blackmarket was comin down here doin promotion and different stuff. the first time they checked us out, i think it was on hallowen, we did a party and cedric came and checked us out and we exchanged tapes. that was 1993.

md: when did your first record come out on black market?

dp: the first one came out in april of 94. we recorded it here, except we went to sacramento to record ever gettin on an album. that was on our first album, xv."

shuuu!!!

Jun 21, 2003
www.gubb.nu
yeah thanks...that´s an good ass interview, you don´t really see that much cin sity articles, can be be wrong but still...anyway, i don´t have the energy to write down all the interview on this site, that´s what i did, i quated the article, but i can get you photo-copies of the article or the whole issue of that murder dog mag, it´s not that much, maybe £5-8 pounds, you do calculation to dollars, holla at me if you want any of the options, i´m happy to help my fellow peoples dem...take care...thanks...1...shuuu!!!

johan "mayornas", sweden

ps. hope this is cool with everybody, why wouldn´t it, holla if else, cheers...

Jun 21, 2003
www.gubb.nu
yo...
thanx...as for pictures, yeah, there´s one big ass one, the article is like a 2 sided one, a big and good one...there´s also a small article and pic ín murder dog issue vol.7,nr.6, kinda cool...in dem old murder dogs cin sity used to run ads as well, all with dem honeys (freak of the month), real cool and chill, can get you any, holla if you wanna read em...the murder dog issues also contain a lot of other good shit, son´t sleep, i call MD the "bible" he he...shuuu!!!

Jun 21, 2003
www.gubb.nu
think it´s gonna be hard for me to post up the articles and the pics on the site, don´t really have the equipment or knowledge to do this, then i think it wouldn´t really fit here in size and ting, but i don´t know...but, i can send you black&white copies if you wan to or i can get the issues...thanks...1...