Luni Coleone & Cool Nutz: Tech N9ne Tour Journal

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
JusFamilyRecords.com
Starting this evening I will be posting updates from our tour with Tech N9ne. I will be posting the latest information on the tour, as well as photos from the tour. I will also be posting video on youtube.com as well. Make sure that you check back from time to time for the latest update on this monumental tour.

Apr 25, 2002
JusFamilyRecords.com
Monday Oct. 8th, 2007 Boise, ID
Today we started the tour out with legendary Mid-West rapper Tech N9ne. This tour will span from Oct. 8th-Nov. 4th. This tour is a great opportunity for us, as it gives Luni Coleone and myself the chance to really push the album to a new fanbase.

Today we left Portland in our newly equipped Ford E-350 12 passenger van with all of the bells and whistles. The van was custom outfitted with 3 TV screens, high powered alarm, and navigation. Unfortunately the automatic start on the alarm continuously triggered the starter and burned it out. This wasn't the best way to start the tour, since we were 400 miles from Portland, and were stranded in front of the club, with a van that wouldn't start.

However, with all of the setbacks, we still were able to rock the show move a lot of merch, and enjoy ourselves. The tour roster is made up of Potluck(www.potluckmusic.com), Dog Face Gods(Rock Band), and of course Tech N9ne featuring Kutt Kalhoun and Big Krizz Kaliko. All of these bands have put together amazing sets, and the crowd seems to enjoy everyone.

The Luni Coleone & Cool Nutz set is made up of songs from our new album, as well as classic material from Luni and myself. The crowd responds very well as we explode on to the stage with a selection of songs like "The Beezy", "Every Single Day", "Go", "That Doe", and More. Our main point is to make the crowd feel like they are a part of the actual show. Tonight's show went over very well.

After the show I had to climb under the van and basically hotwire it to start it to get back to the hotel. After a great show, broke down van, and 400 miles of travel, it was finally time to get some rest. I still had to figure out what to do about the van.

Luni Coleone enroute to first show of tour..

Kutt Kalhoun, 1Ton(Potluck), and Cool Nutz

Tuesday Oct. 9th 2007 Seattle, WA
After climbing under the van and hotwiring it so that we could get to Seattle, we were finally on the road at 7am sharp. With a solid 7 hour drive ahead of me, I was plagued with the thought of what I was going to do about our transportation situation. Fortunately our friends in Boise were able to connect us with the a Ford dealer in Seattle that would be able to get us in and get the van up and running.

Tonight's show is taking place at the Moore Theater in Seattle, and is pretty close to being sold out. Tech has an amazing fanbase, and the release of the MLK album has people really excited. The fans in Seattle are pretty familiar with Luni Coleone & Cool Nutz, and we are met with a great response when we touch the stage. Jumping off the set with DJ Chill doing a high powered DJ set, the fans are prepped for a high energy set from Luni and myself. With over 1200 people already in attendance, the crowd is antsy and ready to be entertained. It's safe to say that we did a pretty could job of wrestling the bear to the ground and subduing him.

My suspicions were confirmed once I returned to Merchandise booth, as fans rushed the booth to purchase copies of the new album, as well as classic albums from us. The love feels good, and we appreciate the fact that the fans enjoy the show, and are supporting us by purchasing the album. Our main goal is to spread the Luni Coleone & Cool Nutz gospel.

After such a great show, and plenty of merchandise being moved, there has to be something negative. After loading out all of our equipment, and getting the van packed, we were met with the fact that the van wouldn't start again. With the starter whining and not being able to function properly, we were forced to get the van towed to our hotel, and figure out a solution for tomorrow.

Time to get some rest and figure out a solution in our problems. Let's count sheep.

Cool Nutz rocks Hard in Seattle!!!

Wednesday Oct. 10th 2007 Spokane, WA
6am wake up, and time to figure out what to do about this cursed van. Fortunately our hotel is right across the street from a Budget Car Rental(my favorite), and happen to have a 12 passenger van ready for me. My contact in Boise told me that the dealership in Seattle would be able to get me in at 7am, and have us out by about 10am. My first instinct told me to rent the van as a back up plan just in case they couldn't get the van done in time, which I did.

We rush off to Harris Ford in Lynnwood, WA to get the van repaired. Of course the plan couldn't go the way it was supposed to, and the van wasn't going to be ready. But me being the great planner that I am, I was smart enough to have the back up plan. We shuffle everything from our van, and over to the rental, and hit the road.

We arrive in Spokane at about 4pm, and set up for soundcheck. Tonight's show has been sold out for about a week now, and should be an amazing show. Our friend Boomer at Wired 96.9 in Spokane requests us for an in studio appearance on the radio, which we gladly oblige. Not only do we do a great interview, he also plays 3 songs from the album which are met with a great response. After the interview, we rush back to the hotel to get fresh for the evening.

We arrive at the show about 20 minutes before our performance and have a couple of drinks to get ready for this crowd. The energy in the room is incredible, and we are met to a great response from the crowd. It's safe to say that this has been the best show so far. Once we launch into "The Beezy" the crowd goes bananas. When I introduce Luni the crowd seems to get even more excited, and we are off rolling full steam ahead now. It feels great to get this type of response from the fans, and we are going to keep giving them a 120%.

After our set, I rush to the merchandise booth to sign some autographs and sell some product. If this is any indication of how the rest of the tour will go, then we are in for a good one.

With this crazy sold out crowd, it's a must that I check out Tech N9ne tonight. His is incredible, and the fans love him. It's a blessing to have to opportunity to work with such a talented artist, as well as having them support what we are doing. Tech blazes through a high energy set, and performs classics like " Slacker", "I'm A Playa", "This Ring", and more. It's safe to say that he killed it. He has a long and very fruitful career ahead of him. Tech's label Strange Music has invested some good money into his stage set which is a model of the photo from the "MLK" album cover. It's set up like an alley in a run down industrial area with all of the props.

After the show, we all kick it the backstage area and have a couple drinks and wind down. The Big Easy in Spokane has one of the best back stage set ups that I have been to, and we love playing there. Another one down, and 18 more to go.

Kutt Kalhoun speaks to sold out crowd in Spokane, WA

1 Ton(Potluck), Luni Coleone, Tech N9ne, Cool Nutz, RJ(E-40's and Cool Nutz's Road manager)

Big Krizz Kaliko and Cool Nutz

Thursday Oct. 11th Portland, OR
We hit the road at 6am sharp, and head back to Seattle to pick up our van, and drop off the rental van. I am still yet to hear back from the dealership to confirm completion of the van. At around noon I get a call from the dealership, and they let me know that the van is ready to be picked up. The good news is that the van is ready. The bad news is that it's going to cost $600.00. Good thing I was financially prepared for any unexpected expenses.

Once we arrive in Seattle, we rush to the dealership, give them the $600.00, rush to the Budget office, move our stuff back to our van, return the rental van, and hit the road. Now that all of this is behind us, we hit the road from Seattle to lovely city of Portland, OR, and prepare for another show.

Tonight's show is already sold out as well, and we are ready to greet the fans with open arms. Since we are home, we have the support of our entire crew(Maniac Lok, Kenny Mack, Mr. D.O.G, and more). It feels good to be home, and feels even better to rock a sold out show at home. Luni and myself are really connecting in terms of the performance, and the fans are feeling that as well. We added the classic Cool Nutz tune "76 Nova" to the playlist of this show, and it was a wise decision as the crowd went bonkers. This was another great show, and it could be the best one yet, but Spokane is running neck in neck.

In the standard tradition of Tech N9ne, he kills another show, and further cements the fact that he is one of Hip-Hop's brightest stars. After the show, everyone shoots out to DJ Chill's SE Portland Ponderosa for a late night gathering/BBQ. A good time is had by all, and it's time to prepare for Bend, OR

Luni Coleone & Cool Nutz kill it at home in Portland, OR

Tech N9ne Road Vehicle

Dog Face Gods Tour Vehicle