X-Raided on C-Bo

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
As far as who’s hitting me up for lyrics… man, I’ve written for No Love, Luni Coleone, Lil Cyco, and C-BO, among others. Right after he signed the deal with Young Buck, C -Bo got at me and asked me to write something for his new album, Ready for the World. We recorded those conversations. I have all those conversations saved on disc. I sent Bo 20 songs to choose from. It’s an honor. I hope he uses them. I gave him fire, that old C-Bo I’d want to hear as a fan. I think there were great songs on that batch. I wrote for him before, back in 1997, on Till My Casket Drops. His biggest song, Deadly Game, was written entirely by me. Not co-written. That ain’t real. I wrote every lyric, every grunt. I put that on my mama and dead homies, so help me God. That song was meant for my album, The Unforgiven I, and so was Boo-yow and Mr. .357, but I gave the, to C-Bo because he asked for them. I love C-Bo. I respect him. I don’t, however, think he’s treated me with the respect I deserve, for the contribution I’ve made to his career. East coast cats know C-Bo for the Deadly Game as much as they know him for the work he did with Pac. If he could write on that level and always could, then ask yourself socio-conscious lyrics with a gangster lean to beef and bling raps if you have the skill to maintain an elite level of writing. C-Bo is great at yelling “Fu*k you” to someone and talking about his money, but that’s not our legacy. And the answer to why he hasn’t been at the elite level is that he was never at that level, that was my level, my lyrics, my flow. I believe that C-Bo would help me in whatever way I asked of him, but I don’t ask, because I don’t feel like I should have to. Why doesn’t he send me letters, pictures here and there, make sure I’m good? I feel like these dudes are in competition with me in their minds, and from that perspective, the less X-raided there is, the better. But I don’t think he knows I feel this way. So, in this case, it’s just business, not Garden Blocc homies doing each other million dollar favors. If he uses any of the songs I submitted to him, or he uses pieces of them, or if he even uses my swag, I’m getting paid, because business is business and we’re all lawyered up at this point. We don’t have to talk, our firms can. But I’m getting paid. I have copyrights to every song, and we recorded the conversations where he called my home requesting my attention, and where I called him back and he asked me to write him some rhymes. So we will see how it goes. I definitely wish him the best, but at this point, I’m not doing any lying or accepting any losses. Use the songs, my nig@a, and pay me what is due to me, like a real businessman is supposed to do. I can’t eat you love or appreciation, I need money.

Full Article here: http://www.siccness.net/vb/showthread.php?t=307284

Feb 23, 2003
TAY GOTTA SPEAK ON THIS.. I KNOW THAT X WRITTEN FOR BO CAUSE LOOK INSIDE THE INSERT TO TILL MY CASKET DROPS DEADLY GAME WRITTEN BY X-LOC

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
WELL I ALWAYS BELIEVED THEY WROTE THE SONGS TOGETHER...OR AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT I WAS TOLD...I KNOW BO RESPECTS X'S SONG WRITING ABILITY JUST LIKE I DO...WHEN I WAS ON AWOL X WROTE ME A SONG BUT I NEVER GOT 2 DO IT..HE'S ACTUALLY THE ONLY HOMIE I EVER LET WRITE A VERSE 4 ME...BUT BEING INSIDE THOSE WALLS LEAVES YOU BLIND 2 WHAT'S REAL OUT HERE AND MAYBE X FEELS C-BO IS RICH OR SOMETHING & HAS SOME RESENTMENT...I LOVE THEM BOTH CUZ THEY WERE THE FIRST 2 RAPPERS I REALLY LISTENED 2 FROM SAC...& BOTH SHOWED ME MAJOR LOVE IN THE PAST...EVEN THOUGH BO IS AN EXCELLENT SONGWRITER I COULD SEE HIM GETTING AT X 4 SOME LYRICS CUZ X IS ONE OF THE BEST & IT HELPS THEM BOTH.....ON THE OTHER HAND...I WOULD NEVER PAY ANYBODY 2 WRITE ME SOMETHING SO MAYBE THERE WAS A MISINTERPRETATION...1 LUV

Oct 9, 2008
WELL I ALWAYS BELIEVED THEY WROTE THE SONGS TOGETHER...OR AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT I WAS TOLD...I KNOW BO RESPECTS X'S SONG WRITING ABILITY JUST LIKE I DO...WHEN I WAS ON AWOL X WROTE ME A SONG BUT I NEVER GOT 2 DO IT..HE'S ACTUALLY THE ONLY HOMIE I EVER LET WRITE A VERSE 4 ME...BUT BEING INSIDE THOSE WALLS LEAVES YOU BLIND 2 WHAT'S REAL OUT HERE AND MAYBE X FEELS C-BO IS RICH OR SOMETHING & HAS SOME RESENTMENT...I LOVE THEM BOTH CUZ THEY WERE THE FIRST 2 RAPPERS I REALLY LISTENED 2 FROM SAC...& BOTH SHOWED ME MAJOR LOVE IN THE PAST...EVEN THOUGH BO IS AN EXCELLENT SONGWRITER I COULD SEE HIM GETTING AT X 4 SOME LYRICS CUZ X IS ONE OF THE BEST & IT HELPS THEM BOTH.....ON THE OTHER HAND...I WOULD NEVER PAY ANYBODY 2 WRITE ME SOMETHING SO MAYBE THERE WAS A MISINTERPRETATION...1 LUV
i feel what u sayin bout not payin nobody to write for u, off top i wouldn't either unless the song blew up...but what if the homie wrote u a track and off the strength of that single u moved 200 thousand units on the indie tip..u wouldn't kick back the homie any $$$??

Banned
Nov 2, 2004
If he could write on that level and always could, then ask yourself socio-conscious lyrics with a gangster lean to beef and bling raps if you have the skill to maintain an elite level of writing. C-Bo is great at yelling “Fu*k you” to someone and talking about his money, but that’s not our legacy. And the answer to why he hasn’t been at the elite level is that he was never at that level, that was my level, my lyrics, my flow.

:confused: wow. you know, this sounds like he's getting at bo for his enemy of the state flow which i happen to think was the hardest & most innovative rap to ever come out. it not only expanded upon but also improved on all of his earlier catalogue, culminating with a reexamination of till my casket drops ideas. the opening track is like a sequel to deadly game but even more striking. enemy of the state is the best thing c-bo's ever done, it holds its own against any of the hiphop classics, not limited to sac. x-raided on the other hand, i fail to see how he has produced a cogent street narrative in the same way bo has at this stage in his career. x probably has all the time in the world to think so his records come out jumbled. i haven't found any meaning in his music since xorcist. bo has the consistency that many others don't.

Sep 10, 2002
^^^ Killa Tay said he's the tightest so he's probably thinkin that he don't another nigga to write shit for him. Everybody talkin kinda down on Bo these days.

Jun 3, 2006
Why should I delete it? I think this is something worth reading and discussing and maybe we can also hear another side of the story.

Better than all the "Fuck You" - threads in here that are kinda annoying.
for sure...i just aint tryin to have all the shit talkers comin in here talkin bout my fav rapper