Why does C-Bo sound like such an authentic L.A. Crip?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Banned
Nov 2, 2004
it is my understanding the big homie bo is from sac town 29th street and i respect it, yet and still when i listen to his music you can't help but say 'man this sound like some L.A. chucks and khakis ridin down sunset or the shaw palm trees southern cal bang on 'em music. it's so authentic and real. you would think he's from L.A. himself the way he describes the L.A. lifestyle. did he spend a lot of time in L.A.? his G's must have been from L.A.? something!

Jul 5, 2009
I remember years back people on this site were sayin that Bo hollered too much when he spit a verse. I liked the emotion comin from him but now he's too laid back on the tracks for my taste. I like the more aggressive Bo and hopefully him bein back in his home environment will bring out the new version of the old Bo.

Apr 6, 2009
The new bo is trying to keep up with the scene durin the 90s it was more acceptable to just do hardcore gangsta rap. I like his older shit too thats why I never jumped on the whole hyphy bullshit

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
BO WAS LIVING IN THE LA AREA AND GOT A LOT OF PRODUCTION FROM LA PRODUCERS....I FEEL LIKE BO TARGETS DIFFERENT MARKETS WITH HIS MUSIC WHICH IS MORE THAN I CAN SAY ABOUT A LOT OF ARTISTS...I'VE WATCHED THE EVOLUTION AND YES...SOME OF US HAVE NORTHERN,SOUTHERN AND CENTRAL CALIFORNIA TIES BUT IF YOU KNEW THE HISTORY YOU WOULD REALIZE THEY BANG ALL THE WAY UP THE COAST. IN CALI, THE VALLEY IS WHERE THE GANGBANGING LIFESTYLE IS EXCEPTED NOT REALLY THE BAY...WE BOTH DO HAVE LA TIES THOUGH SO MAYBE THATS PART OF IT....WE DONT GANGBANG NO MORE...ITS A MOB MOVEMENT BUT IN OUR YOUNGER YEARS I CAN SAY THAT WE WERE EXPOSED 2 AND PERSONALLY INVOLVED IN REAL GANGSTA SHIT SO THATS WHERE THE AUTHENTICITY COMES FROM...ONE LOVE 2 THE LOCO..WCM100

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
^^They aint doin beats like dat no mo. Gangsta rappin aint dead but gangsta beats like those pretty much are. I'm hopin i'm wrong tho.
well i think that them typa beatz that they were doin back then slumps harder compared 2 the new wack shit, it seemz like alotta newer producers are usin too much of the same soundz in thier beatz.

Mar 17, 2006
well i think that them typa beatz that they were doin back then slumps harder compared 2 the new wack shit, it seemz like alotta newer producers are usin too much of the same soundz in thier beatz.
yeah true, but black armor and C-way still come with that gangsta shit though. id love to hear Bo or Tay on some those beats

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
CRIPPIN IS A WAY OF LIFE...YOU CANT REALLY DEFINE IT 2 ONE REGION NO MORE...LA NIGGAS SPREAD OUT ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY....YOU EITHER CRIPPIN OR SLIPPIN IN MY WORLD...AND THAT AINT ON NO BANGIN SHIT. CUZ ITS ABOUT THE REALNESS OF THE INDIVIDUAL...GORILLA GANG IS BLOODS AND CRIPS FROM DIFFERENT AREAS IN CALI...I KNOW HOW 2 BRING PEOPLE TOGETHER 4 A POSITIVE CAUSE.WE OUT HERE MAKIN IT HAPPEN...AND BO IS COUNTRYWIDE WITH HIS HUSTLE SO FROM THE WEST COAST 2 ATLANTA WE MAKIN POWER MOVES RIGHT NOW...YOU EITHER REAL OR REAL FAKE WHERE I COME FROM....KEEP IT MOBBY!GG