USIN' THE WORD "THUg"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 21, 2002
This may not be my place to speak or anything... but I want to say it's just vocabulary, forget the value that's put behind it. It all comes down to just being human beings... Don't let things like these divide us. We all have different ways of expressing ourselves, and representing ourselves... We can only think subjectively. Let's focus on uniting despite our differences.

Aug 16, 2002
Bo can label himself whatever he wants (thug, rilla, gangsta,ridah, playa) or all the above dude has really lived a thug life, he's bucced on fools, been bucced on been to the pen, held his own in every pen he been to & i know i got fam that run the line in folsom.... why you so concerned anyway is all these halfway niggaz thats playin out the word thug, if you a real nigga you recognize real shit!

Feb 26, 2003
@ EDJ, what if everyone started callin' themselfs "RILLA", would you still keep the title?. When you say " RILLA" is that the same as a Go-Getter?. drop game on the breadman.

Jan 15, 2004
CARLOS ROSSI said:
Bo can label himself whatever he wants (thug, rilla, gangsta,ridah, playa) or all the above dude has really lived a thug life, he's bucced on fools, been bucced on been to the pen, held his own in every pen he been to QUOTE]

jus wonderin how you know this?

Aug 17, 2002
ehh, edj is right, that word is overused. its like how people from the bay stopped talkin about poppin collars so dam much cuz that saying got played out to the maximum by other areas.

Aug 16, 2002
YG HOGG said:
CARLOS ROSSI said:
Bo can label himself whatever he wants (thug, rilla, gangsta,ridah, playa) or all the above dude has really lived a thug life, he's bucced on fools, been bucced on been to the pen, held his own in every pen he been to QUOTE]

jus wonderin how you know this?

I AM IN THE STREETS FOLKZ, ALL THRU THE SOUTH OF SAC BO GETS LOVE AND RESPECT AND IF YOU READ THE REST OF MY FIRST POST I SAID I GOT FAM THAT ARE IN VARIOUS PRISONS AND I SPECIFICALLY ASKED THEM ABOUT C-BO, X-RAIDED, SUGE KNIGHT AND MY UNCLE TOLD ME BO GETS RESPECT IN THE PEN FOR HIS ACTIONS MEANIN HE AINT NO PUNK! I DONT SPEAK ON A SITUATION UNLESS I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKIN BOUT HOMIE!

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
CARLOS,
I SEE YOU ALL THE TIME TOO WITH 1/2 ASS REMARKS. BUT I'M A RILLA WHEREVA I STEP. BUT LET ME BREAK IT ON DOWN:

YOU STRESSED, "i think c bo can say thug cuz he is one, maybe not no thug thug but still he keeps it gangsta da mafiia way..."

WHAT THE FUK IS A "THUg"?

THEN YOU STRESSED, "u have to much time on ur hands i mostly see u on here..."

I MAKE TIME. AND THIS IS ABOUT THE ONLY PLACE ON THE NET I FREQUENT.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "i barely get on, fucc talkin on the internet u talk to alot of fakes and alot that talks shit i been have a life down here..."

IT AIN'T LIKE I gET ON EVERYDAY. BUT I DO RECOgNIZE gAME AND HERE TO STRAIgHTEN SHIT AND CHOP IT UP.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "edj, if this was foreal life would u go up to c bo and say that to him?"

OF COURSE. I DON'T BITE MY TONgUE FOR NO MAN. C-BO WAS KICCIN' IT WITH THE HOMIES FROM THE HOOD WHEN I WAS LOCCED UP BAK IN 95'. HE KNOWS WHO MY NIggAS IS AND WE DONE CHOPPED IT UP BRIEFLY ON THIS INTERNET SHIT. I WAS JUST WONDERIN' WHY THAT NIggA EMBRACIN' SUCH WORD.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "just curious, i think the man just representin who he is and knowin where he came from..."

WHO HE IS? THAT'S THE MAIN POINT. IF THIS NIggA REAL WHY HE STOOPPIN' TO THAT LEVEL?

THEN YOU STRESSED, "...u don't like da word thug that he's usin or other rappers usin then why start a topic about it?"

TO BRINg IT TO LIgHT AND DROP SOME "REAL" gAME ABOUT THAT BULLSHIT SLANg. MATTER OF FACT, I gOT A SONg ABOUT THAT SHIT.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "i rather keep ish to myself but again i wouldn't have a problem with it"

TELLS YOU A LOT, DON'T IT?

Yg HOgg,

YOU STRESSED, "i feel you when niggaz say their a thug they really jus mean their a soldier."

AND IT SHOULDN'T BE THAT WAY.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "but i digg what you sayin about if you gonna label yourself you should do it wit somethin that demands more respect."

EXACTLY. THAT WAY NOBODY CAN COME UP TO ME AND DISRESPECT MINES, OR PUT A LABEL ON ME, OR EVEN MAKE LAWS TO OUTLAW ME.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "i call myself a hogg & some might consider that a disrespectin myself but 2 me it jus mean ima rilla bout mine."

I THOUgHT A HOgg WAS SOMEONE THAT CHASES PAPER AND gREEDY ABOUT SHIT?

SKELETT
YOU STRESSED, "This may not be my place to speak or anything... but I want to say it's just vocabulary, forget the value that's put behind it."

JUST FORgET? TELL THAT TO THE RACIST MUTHA-FUKAS WHO PUT THAT LABEL ON MINORITIES AND TRY TO JUSTIFY IT WHEN MUTHA-FUKAS ADMIT TO THAT BY LABELIN' THEMSELVES THAT. TELL THAT TO THE LAWS WHO LABEL US THAT AND TRY TO KEEP US LOCCED UP. FUK THAT.

THEN YOU STRESSED, ". It all comes down to just being human beings..."

TELL THAT TO THE PEOPLE WHO LABEL SHIT.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "... Don't let things like these divide us."

WE ALREADY DIVIDED.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "We all have different ways of expressing ourselves, and representing ourselves... We can only think subjectively. Let's focus on uniting despite our differences."

EASIER SAID THAN DONE.

CARLOS ROSSI,

THEN YOU STRESSED, "Bo can label himself whatever he wants (thug, rilla, gangsta,ridah, playa) or all the above"

SO CAN N-E-BODY ELSE. THE POINT WAS, WHY? WHY USE A WORD THAT'S PLAYED OUT TO LABEL YOURSELF, AND WHY LABEL YOURSELF SOMETHIN' THAE WHITEMAN CAN USE AgAINST YOU TO TRY TO PUNISH YOU AND KEEP YOU DOWN? WHY JUSTIFY THE WHITEMAN'S PARANOIA AND RACIAL PROFILIN'? WHY?

THEN YOU STRESSED, "dude has really lived a thug life, he's bucced on fools, been bucced on been to the pen, held his own in every pen he been to & i know i got fam that run the line in folsom...."

WHAT IS A THUg LIFE? BUT I DON'T DOUBT BO DOIN' HIS DIRT AND HOLDIN' HIS OWN.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "why you so concerned anyway is all these halfway niggaz thats playin out the word thug, if you a real nigga you recognize real shit!"

SO IF ALL THESE FAKES PLAYIN' OUT THE WORD, WHY CONTINUE USIN' IT? IF THE WORD IS PLAYED OUT AND IDENTIFIED BY FAKES, WHY USE IT?

BIg-BREADED,

YOU STRESSED, "@ EDJ, what if everyone started callin' themselfs "RILLA", would you still keep the title?."

I'LL FIRST START CHECCIN' WHO CALLIN' THEMSELVES THAT AND THEN ACT ACCORDINgLY. THEN IF IT gETS OUT OF HAND, I'LL SWITCH UP MY SLANg, IF IT INDEED BECOMES SEQUELISTIC AND REDUNDANT.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "When you say " RILLA" is that the same as a Go-Getter?."

TO ME IT'S NOT THE SAME. A gO-gETTER TO ME IS JUST ANOTHA WORD FOR HUSLTLA. YOU HUSTLE AND YOU gO gET WHAT THE FUK YOU WANT. A RILLA IS A REAL MUTHA-FUKA. SOMEBODY THAT IS BONDED BY THEY WORD. THEY SAY SOMETHIN', IT HAPPENS. WHAT DOES gO-gETTER MEAN TO YOU?

Aug 16, 2002
I shoulda just let bo answer for himself, cause i cant speak for him or say what the word thug means to him so just keep this up until him or 151 can answer you, as far as my half ass remarks go, it aint nuthin to me this internet shit be goin to far, I'mma jus worry about me and mines i aint on here to argue wit some internet gangstaz!!

Feb 26, 2003
EDJ said:
TO ME IT'S NOT THE SAME. A gO-gETTER TO ME IS JUST ANOTHA WORD FOR HUSLTLA. YOU HUSTLE AND YOU gO gET WHAT THE FUK YOU WANT. A RILLA IS A REAL MUTHA-FUKA. SOMEBODY THAT IS BONDED BY THEY WORD. THEY SAY SOMETHIN', IT HAPPENS. WHAT DOES gO-gETTER MEAN TO YOU?

A Go-Getter to me is the same as a RILLA just 2 different titles, let me break it down cuzz. A Go-Getter will do anythang to get his by all means, say I need some rims for my car, I'm gonna get it by Jak'n or whateva I do, a RILLA is the same way, if a RILLA says he needs some rims too, then he's gonna go out and get some rims because he needs to keep his WORD or else he aint true to himself.

Jan 15, 2004
THEN YOU STRESSED, "i call myself a hogg & some might consider that a disrespectin myself but 2 me it jus mean ima rilla bout mine."

I THOUgHT A HOgg WAS SOMEONE THAT CHASES PAPER AND gREEDY ABOUT SHIT?

same thing it can be either 1 2 me.

Apr 25, 2002
lmao@ all this..EDJ..why do u choose to take it upon yourself to tell people what is good and whats bad...its ok to lable yaself a "rilla" cuz to YOU a rilla is __________...well what if mufuckaz think lable yourself rilla is stupid cuz it really has no meaning at all..shit aint even a word..but you took it and put your own meaning behind it..that should be respected right..so whos to say Bo and yuk shouldnt be respected when they call themselves thug? u keep sayin they are makin it easy for the "whiteman" to profile and all this other shit..well..what the fuck does callin yourself a loaksta and a rilla do? does that make the "white man" say..oh..dont profile edj cuz hes a rilla..and a loak from the block?..lol...really tho...you dont make the rules dogg...u happen to think thug is a degrading term that folks shouldnt use..thats your opinion but you tryna force feed that shit to folks..you wanna come across like whatever u think goes and everyone should see things thru your eyes..thats not the case and it will never be..regardless how "real" you are and all that other shit that you have experienced that make u think u are more qualified in the ways of the world than everyone else...its still just your opinion....bo and yuk are THUGS..and thats comin from them..just listen to they music..they tell u that shit..so why not call it how it is? they are thugs

Jan 21, 2004
a HOG is a savage....down n dirty......

all i know is that Thug Lords album is harder than 90% of the shit out there right now.......

Aug 7, 2002
yeah...what ever u is is wha u call yo self u a thug then ur a thug, don't mean ur gonna thug it all da time but u still have that ish in ya..and ya say thug is played out, would u say that to another person that be doin who he is that thug is played out? eitha way he'd show u what just a thug is if he have to show mothafuckas wha he iz...as in whoopin ya azz hella bad and get into trouble, stealin and shit...so like mtown criminal say why do u choose to say whatz good n bad? u may kno whatz good n bad ova on yo side but not da other places and shyt i mean ya can't tell people about ya opinion, just cuz u is one

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
MAN O MAN,
LET ME ADDRESS EACH ANSWER, CAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE FOO'S DEFENDIN' BULLSHIT.

Yg HOgg,
YOU STRESSED, "same thing it can be either 1 2 me."

BUT WHAT IF YOU A HOgg AND DON'T KEEP IT REAL, ALWAYS LYIN' ABOUT WHAT YOU gOT?

BIg-BREADED,

YOU STRESSED, "A Go-Getter to me is the same as a RILLA just 2 different titles, let me break it down cuzz. A Go-Getter will do anythang to get his by all means, say I need some rims for my car, I'm gonna get it by Jak'n or whateva I do, a RILLA is the same way, if a RILLA says he needs some rims too, then he's gonna go out and get some rims because he needs to keep his WORD or else he aint true to himself."

IN THAT SENSE, IT SEEMS LIKE THE TITLES ARE SYNONYMOUS. BUT WHAT IF YOU A RILLA BUT YOUR ASS IS LAZY AND AIN'T OUT THERE HUSTLIN'? YOU REAL ABOUT YOUR SHIT, BUT YOU JUST AIN'T A gO-gETTER.

M-TOWN CRIMINAL,

YOU STRESSED, "EDJ..why do u choose to take it upon yourself to tell people what is good and whats bad..."

WHAT IS gOOD AND WHAT IS BAD? I'M JUST AN O.g WATCHIN' THIS gAME gET FLAKY. THAT'S ALL. I'M CALLIN' THEM AS I SEE THEM.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "its ok to lable yaself a "rilla" cuz to YOU a rilla is __________...well what if mufuckaz think lable yourself rilla is stupid cuz it really has no meaning at all.."

IT HAS A MEANIN' AND IT'S SLANgED UP. THE SHIT DON'T COME BAK AS SOMETHIN' LOOKED DOWN ON, AND THE LAWS CAN'T PIN YOU FOR THAT. SO WHATEVA SOMEBODY THINKS, IT DON'T MATTER, CAUSE I KNOW WHAT IT IS AND PEOPLE AROUND MY CIRCLE KNOW WHAT IT IS. I COULD CARE LESS IF A SQUARE DON'T KNOW OR ALL OF MAINSTREAM SOCIETY DON'T KNOW.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "shit aint even a word..but you took it and put your own meaning behind it..that should be respected right..so whos to say Bo and yuk shouldnt be respected when they call themselves thug?"

CAUSE FOR ONE, THEY CONTRADICTIN' THEMSELVES WHEN THEY CALL THEMSELVES THAT. I REMEMBER WHEN YUK FIRST WENT SOLO ON RAP-A-LOT AND HE WAS CLOWNIN' MASTER P FOR THAT, AND NOW THIS NIggA ACT LIKE HE WANNA TAKE TUPACS gLORY(SOMETHIN' HE WAS ACCUSIN' MASTER P OF)

TWO, THE WORD IS ALREADY PLAYED OUT AS A TREND.

THREE, THE SHIT IS SEQUELISTIC TO THE POINT WHERE EVEN THE FAKEST ARE SCREAMIN' THAT SHIT TO MAKE THEMSELVES LOOK HARD, BUT TO A REAL MUTHA-FUKA, THE SHIT IS ANNOYIN' AND FAKE.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "u keep sayin they are makin it easy for the "whiteman" to profile and all this other shit..well..what the fuck does callin yourself a loaksta and a rilla do?"

CALLIN' YOURSELF A RILLA OR A LOAK DON'T DO SHIT BUT IDENTIFIES YOU AS WHAT YOU SAY YOU ARE. WHAT CAN THE WHITEMAN PROFILE OFF OF THAT? CALLIN' YOURSELF A "THUg" IS ADMITTIN' TO WHAT THE WHITEMAN LABELS YOU. AND IF HE WANTS TO MAKE NEW LAWS TO KEEP LOCCIN' YOU UP, OR LOCC YOU UP AND THROW THE KEY AWAY, YOU JUSTIFY THAT.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "does that make the "white man" say..oh..dont profile edj cuz hes a rilla..and a loak from the block?.."

MAN, THE WORLD DON'T WORK LIKE THAT, WHILE YOU TRYIN' TO BE SARCASTIC. THE LAWS PROBABLY HAVE NO CLUE AS TO WHAT THE WORD "RILLA" OR "LOAK" MEANS OR IMPLIES. ON THE OTHA HAND, THE WORD "THUg" IS SO PLAYED OUT, EVEN THE JUDgE'S gREAT gRANDMA KNOWS WHAT THAT WORD MEANS OR HAS HER DEFINITION TO IT.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "lol...really tho...you dont make the rules dogg...u happen to think thug is a degrading term that folks shouldnt use..thats your opinion but you tryna force feed that shit to folks."

AS AN O.g OF THE gAME, I SEE THE SHIT AND SPEAK UP ON IT. I SPEAK MY PEACE AND LET YOU KNOW WHY I DON'T RESPECT THAT SHIT OR PERSONALLY CALL MYSELF THAT. I LET YOU KNOW WHY THE gAME SEEMS FAKE. I LET YOU KNOW WHY THE WEST COAST FELL OFF. I LET YOU KNOW WHY RAP IS NOT RESPECTED AMONg OTHA gENRE'S OF MUSIC. THE LIST gOES ON. IF YOU FEEL I'M FORCE FEEDIN' IT, THEN LET THAT BE YOUR PERCEPTION. BUT I'M NOT JUST gONNA SIT ON THE SIDELINES AND SEE THE gAME gO DOWN OR TRY TO FOLLOW THE PLAYED-OUT TRENDS AND MAKE MYSELF LOOK LIKE A JIgABOO, TAP DANCIN' FOR WHITEFOLK.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "you wanna come across like whatever u think goes and everyone should see things thru your eyes..thats not the case and it will never be..regardless how "real" you are and all that other shit that you have experienced that make u think u are more qualified in the ways of the world than everyone else...its still just your opinion...."

I SPEAK UP ON WHAT I KNOW AND WHAT I SEE THRU MY PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU CAN UNDA-DIg THE SPIT, THEN SOAK IT. IF NOT, THEN MOVE ON AND WATCH THIS RILLA gO BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.... I JUST KNOW I'M SPEAKIN' REAL SHIT. IF YOU THINK IT'S NOT THEN QUESTION MY INTEgRITY.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "bo and yuk are THUGS..and thats comin from them..just listen to they music..they tell u that shit..so why not call it how it is? they are thugs"

SO WHAT IS A THUg? SO SHOULD THEY ASS BE LOCCED UP AND THE KEY THROWN AWAY? ISN'T PRISON THE PLACE WHERE "THUgS" BELONg? SEE, THEM NIggAS CAN CALL THEMSELVES THAT ALL DAY. THAT'S THEY BUSINESS. BUT DON'T COME CRYIN' WHEN THE T'S PULL YOU OVER ALL THE TIME OR IF THEY HATE ON YOU ALL THE TIME. OR IF YOU DO YOUR BID AND YOU STILL ON PAPER AND THEY WON'T LET gO. ALL I'M SAYIN' IS THE SHIT IS CORNY AND PREDICTABLE, AND AT THE SAME TIME, MAKIN' YOURSELF AN EASY TARgET FOR THESE SQUARES THAT LABEL YOU.

559 SOLDADO,

YOU STRESSED, "C-BO is gettin his paper stacks, and he's out there doin his thang. He can call himself whatever the fuck he wants"

TRUE. BUT THAT AIN'T THE POINT. THE QUESTION IS WHY?

CARLOS,

YOU STRESSED, "yeah...what ever u is is wha u call yo self u a thug then ur a thug, don't mean ur gonna thug it all da time but u still have that ish in ya.."

MAN, THE THANg IS, WHAT IS A "THUg"? MUTHA-FUKAS SCREAM THAT PLAYED OUT SHIT AND ACT LIKE IT'S SOMETHIN' HONORABLE.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "and ya say thug is played out, would u say that to another person that be doin who he is that thug is played out?"

WHAT YOU MEAN? THAT SOMEBODY THAT'S OUT THERE REALLY DOIN' SHIT THAT SOCIETY DEEMS AS "THUg" SHIT, CALLIN' HIMSELF A "THUg"? IF THAT'S THE CASE YOU A DUMB MUTHA-FUKA FOR ADMITTIN' WHAT THESE FOO'S DEEM AS THE LOWEST. IF YOU OUT THERE DOIN' YOUR DIRT, THEN LET THAT BE YOUR BUSINESS. DON'T TELL THE WORLD THAT THEY RIgHT AND THAT YOU ARE THE LOWEST PIECE OF SCUM THEY THOUgHT YOU IS AND WAS. YOU JUSTIFY THEY ASSUMPTIONS.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "eitha way he'd show u what just a thug is if he have to show mothafuckas wha he iz...as in whoopin ya azz hella bad and get into trouble, stealin and shit...so like mtown criminal say why do u choose to say whatz good n bad?"

IF I INTERPRETTED WHAT YOU SAID, I BELIEVE YOU TRYIN' TO SAY THAT SOMEBODY gONNA WHOOP MY ASS TO SHOW ME THEY ARE THIS "THUg" THEY CLAIM THEY ARE AND WHO AM I TO SAY WHAT IS gOOD AND WHAT IS BAD? IS THAT RIgHT? IF THAT'S WHAT YOU MEANT, THEN YOUR MORE IgNORANT AND A FAD FOLLOWER THAN I THOUgHT.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "u may kno whatz good n bad ova on yo side but not da other places and shyt i mean ya can't tell people about ya opinion, just cuz u is one"

I CAN TELL WHOEVA I WANT WHATEVA THE FUK I WANT. WHO THE FUK ARE YOU TO STOP ME?

Dec 18, 2003
Tremendos said:
edj are u a crip or blood because u keep using the double c but you be finishing alot of shit with K that aint how real crips do!
I know niggaz from the blocc that cant even spell their name right, so what exactly is a crip supposed to 'type' like, cutty? as long as there aint no K after the C, its all lavy.

Dec 18, 2003
EDJ, theze niggaz wouldnt recognize the realness if it was in front of their face. I bet if BO made a comment like that bout the word 'THUG', they'd be all over this thread agreeing with him.