Til my casket drops question for killa tay

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

FatBlunts209

2 SWISHERS = 1 BLUNT
Feb 21, 2008
STOcKTON
When til my casket dropped what where they tryin to charge cbo with when he made that song about killing a cop?? I remember it was a big controversy over that album when it dropped shit i was 7th grade wen that came out..

Jul 5, 2009
I remember seein that shit on MTV. I was flippin through channels and it had his picture on the screen and i was trippin that C-Bo was on MTV. I wanna see the footage of when he had to rap his way outta that gun and drug case in Cincinnati.

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
the reason he got in trouble for Til My Casket Dropz is because he violated his parole.
Before he came out with Til My Casket Dropz they released him from prison and said he couldn't sell music that promoted gang violence,but C-BO released the album even though it violated his terms of parole.

B.C.

Sicc OG
Mar 12, 2005
That was the reason right there. We took advantage of that and got the press and everyone involved because that violated his 5th admendment. Because all of the publicity, that abulm sold over 300 thousand units I believe. People wanted to hear what he was rapping about that got him locked up.

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
I remember seein that shit on MTV. I was flippin through channels and it had his picture on the screen and i was trippin that C-Bo was on MTV. I wanna see the footage of when he had to rap his way outta that gun and drug case in Cincinnati.
I WAS THERE AND I DOUBT IF ANY FOOTAGE IS AVAILABLE...UNLESS THE COURTS GOT IT...I ACTUALLY HAD 2 HELP HIM WRITE IT IN ABOUT 10 MINUTES..WE DIDNT HAVE MUCH TIME BUT THE JUDGE WAS PLEASED..THAT JUST BROUGHT BACC MEMORIES..LOL

Jan 31, 2008
Rapper C-BO is still in jail, but AP reports that California prison authorities have dropped the section of his parole violation that pertained to the lyrics on his new record.

C-BO, whose real name is Shawn Thomas, remains jailed for lesser violations, including travelling more than 50 miles from his home base without permission from his parole officer. If all goes well, he'll be released March 18.

As previously reported, the terms of his release from the Bay area Soledad prison last June included that he was not to "engage in any behavior which promotes the gang lifestyle, criminal behavior, and/or violence towards law enforcement." The California Department of Corrections included his song lyrics in that category. He was arrested last Tuesday after the authorities reviewed his new album, "'Til My Casket Drops."

AP reports that C-BO was first convicted of a weapons charge the wire service says stemmed from the rapper firing bullets in the air that accidentally killed someone. In actuality, the rapper's role in the death was limited to the fact that he fired the first shots that police say led to a gang scuffle.

C-BO was taping a video for one of his songs in a Bay area park when a rival gang showed up on location. The rapper says a melee started, and he fired in the air to break it up. Police contended that the act of C-BO being the first to fire a gun led to one gang member shooting another. He was placed on 15 months probation for the weapons charge and was later jailed for parole violations.

His most recent release on parole included the lyrics clause, and three appeals to rescind the order failed. The stipulation angered civil rights groups who apparently lobbied successfully to have the clause dropped. AP reports that the authorities stressed to the rapper that he will be jailed again if he partakes in any gang activities.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1426819/19980309/c_bo.jhtml

and

http://www.mtv.com/search/?searchterm=c-bo&requiredfields=mtv_st:article

Jul 5, 2009
I WAS THERE AND I DOUBT IF ANY FOOTAGE IS AVAILABLE...UNLESS THE COURTS GOT IT...I ACTUALLY HAD 2 HELP HIM WRITE IT IN ABOUT 10 MINUTES..WE DIDNT HAVE MUCH TIME BUT THE JUDGE WAS PLEASED..THAT JUST BROUGHT BACC MEMORIES..LOL
Would love to hear Bo and Killa Tay on some positive shit in those days. Haha that makes me chuckle a lil bit. Must've been some real ass shit for a judge to rule in a nigga favor. No cussin or leavin bitches wit bald heads right? LOL!

Jun 14, 2002
Colorado Springs, CO
That was the reason right there. We took advantage of that and got the press and everyone involved because that violated his 5th admendment. Because all of the publicity, that abulm sold over 300 thousand units I believe. People wanted to hear what he was rapping about that got him locked up.
Yup, I remember the 3rd issue of XXL (before it was a monthly mag and actually a decent rap mag) had that huge interview with Bo (plus a side interview with Lynch). It was a good interview, all about the bullshit he was going thru at the time. Different times for sure, hell I rememeber the next issue they printed a letter from X-Raided. He was giving them props for interviewing him (I remember they even reviewed AWOL releases back then). I remember when it first came out, people I was in high school with that didn't even listen to Bo at the time bought that album just to see what all the talk was about. They definitely bought a classic.

I'd love to see that court footage!