PDA

View Full Version : An album that zones you out...

Gringo Starr
02-22-2005, 11:36 AM
I got a few albums that i can jam ALL THE WAY though to the end...that just straight zone me out...Incubus' Morning View takes me to a whole nother place...helps me make it through the long work days...

What album/group does it for yall???

Camby Savelle
02-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Hopesfall's The Satellite Years.

I know that it is christian music & hardcore at that. the cd just seems to take me away from everything, it's so beautiful. I'll start a new topic on them in a little bit. you really have to sit & listen to understand what I mean. I like alot of cds that you have to see beauty in depth instead of it being brought straight to your face upfront.

DJ Mark 7
02-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Portishead and DJ Shadow are "mood music" to me lol

suspect#1
02-22-2005, 12:44 PM
bone thugs n harmony-e 1999
spice 1-187 he wrote
e 40-ina major way

those albums use to put me in the zone sprinkle some weed on top you got classic shit
i stil put them on from time to time and it brings me back to that time in my life

RedStorm
02-22-2005, 04:57 PM
I like to smoke a bowl and listen to pink floyd's "ummagumma" album. It takes me somewhere...I don't have a fucking clue where, but i go somewhere

eastbayrider510
02-22-2005, 05:05 PM
paul van dyk --- out there and back
ATB --- moving melodies

but that was bak in the rave dayz....

Camby Savelle
02-22-2005, 05:20 PM
http://www.siccness.net/vb/showthread.php?t=132140

Nuttkase
02-22-2005, 07:34 PM
The Mars Volta "De-loused In the Comatorium" and I haven't even heard the shit hight yet (damn probation) and I still zone out on that album. In 6 more months I am smoking a phat blunt and playing the album from front to back.

Nuttkace

Danknugz
02-22-2005, 08:15 PM
anything by explosions in the sky

Gringo Starr
02-22-2005, 08:24 PM
The Mars Volta "De-loused In the Comatorium" and I haven't even heard the shit hight yet (damn probation) and I still zone out on that album. In 6 more months I am smoking a phat blunt and playing the album from front to back.

Nuttkace

Awwww man that group is one ofa kind brotha!!!!I can dig it!!!

Damnit Isaiah...lol...dont you crack ANYTHING besides hip-hop?!?!?!

Camby Savelle
02-22-2005, 08:33 PM
anything by explosions in the sky

If you took Explosions In The Sky & added vocals then this would be the outcome.

http://www.siccness.net/vb/showthread.php?t=132140

B-Buzz
02-22-2005, 08:38 PM

Nuttkace

hahaha, Im listening to it right now. It seriously zoned me the fuck out. I just realised it already went thru the whole album and started over again

Nuttkase
02-22-2005, 09:11 PM
hahaha, Im listening to it right now. It seriously zoned me the fuck out. I just realised it already went thru the whole album and started over again

LMFAO...yeah that has happend to me a few times. I am really glad you dig the album B-Buzz, I guess I am 2 for 2 on my recommendations to you LOL.

@ Jae Reekay. Glad to see more people on here who dig The Mars Volta. Have you heard their new song "The Widow" yet? It is a really good song.

Both of ya'll need to swoop up their new album Frances the Mute on March 1st, it is atleast as good as De-Loused (maybe better not sure yet). I already got a bootleg but I have only listend to it maybe 3-4 times because I want to wait on the actual album. But damn let me tell you these fools were on another one for their newest album LOL.

Nuttkace

SRD420
03-04-2005, 11:45 AM
Anything by Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, The Doors, and Tool.

odogfelon
03-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Kyuss - Sky Valley

Psilo707
03-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Tool - Lateralus
Lynch - Loaded
Beastie Boys - Hello Nasty
Shpongle - Are You Shpongled? (Fucking the SHIT)
Paul Oakenfold - Tranceport (I do not like Oakenfold though, just this CD.)

Damn a lot more, im blankin though, just woke up

Tic Tock
03-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Glad to see there are more people who love Morning View. That album is perfect, plain and simple. "Just A Phase" is possibly one of the best songs ever made. I can listen to all of Incubus' shit from S.C.I.E.N.C.E. on, except I haven't picked up their newest one.

Other albums would have to be E. 1999 Eternal, any Pink Floyd shit, Do Or Die's Picture This and Headz Or Tailz, Flesh-N-Bone-T.H.U.G.S., all of Jack Johnson's albums, soundtracks included, all the Metallica albums except for the new one, there's a few more too.