PDA

View Full Version : TOOL or A Perfect Circle?

Red Ryda 916
02-16-2005, 10:55 PM
Who on the siccness is feelin their music? I've been a Tool fan since 94', but I probably bump APC just as much. Who do you think maynard's vocals sound better over, and which album do you think was either bands best?

A few of my favorite cuts,
A Perfect Circle:
Orestes
Judith
3 Libras
Magdalena
Weak and Powerless
The Hollow
The Outsider
Imagine

TOOL:
Sober
Stinkfist
Prison Sex
Undertow
Aenima
Schism
Eulogy

let me know what you guy's think.

BayRider04
02-16-2005, 10:56 PM
Yea I like Tool better

BayRider04
02-16-2005, 10:57 PM
Tool-Aenima was classic

Camby Savelle
02-16-2005, 11:00 PM
A Perfect Circle, I can't seem to get into Tool.

B-Buzz
02-16-2005, 11:52 PM
I like Tool better, APC is a little more mellow.

One of my all time Favorite songs is Aenema, its just like when you get so frustrated and youre pissed off at everything thats exactly how you feel. Fuck Everyone

Jake
02-17-2005, 01:34 AM
tool hands down...APC is cool,but doesnt touch tool's classic albums like aenima

Jake
02-17-2005, 02:40 AM
by the way red ryda...could be wrong but werent you the one that was asking about joe satriani? ever get any albums? you like them?

DubbC415
02-17-2005, 02:44 AM
b-buzz hit the nail on the head...tool is classic, but im more into APC, just like that mellow sound...love the song "3 libras"...just great stuff.

Nuttkase
02-17-2005, 03:39 AM
Damn good question. It has been so long since a Tool album. A Perfect Circle is dope as fuck. 3 Libras is one of the best rock songs that came out in late 1990's, early 2000's. But man Tool is just crazy. Their stuff is way harder (and usually I like the more mellow type stuff) Aenema...is just well amazing... the song Sober is almost like my theme song lol, I don't know, it is way to hard to choose. Personally if I had to I would give the slight edge to Tool. But fuck it Maynard is a poet and his vocals/voice is original and amazing.

Anyways....I am glad to see this forum come to light.

Nuttkace

Nightbreed
02-17-2005, 12:21 PM
both are dope. i like the new apc album with all the covers...march like sheep is sick as hell.

Cranky
02-19-2005, 12:10 PM
I have Mer de Noms and 13th Step from APC.....should I get Undertow and Aenima?

Psilo707
02-19-2005, 12:22 PM
Some of the greatest bands of all time. I've been listening to Tool for almost a decade and APC since they've come out, and their music has never gotten old. The power in their songs is pretty much unmatchable this day in age... They are the real definition of what rock music should be. Maynard = God

But as much as I like APC and listen to them at least a couple times a week, they can't even compare to Tool. Tool is ultimately where it's at and I wish Maynard would just settle down with them and hurry up with the 5th album and the next tour. Cranky - You sure as fuck should get Aenima and Undertow - Undertow is more of an old skool underground Tool fan classic, while Aenima is probably more solid overall (And is the one I would recommend getting first). Lateralus is their latest CD (2001) and is one of the best rock Cd's this century hands down, the whole thing flows like no other.

If you like APC but can't get into Tool, I suggest downloading more of their songs and making the attempt, because that shit is moving.

My faves:

Tool: Aenima (song), Parabola, Opiate, Prison Sex, Sober, 4*, Forty Six and 2
APC: 3 Libras, Gravity, The Hollow, The Stranger

Cranky
02-19-2005, 12:36 PM
I've always thought Tool was cool and I have Sober and Schism and a few other Mp3's but I've just never been confident enough to drop the bread on the whole Tool albums. I'm just so fuckin' sick of buying CD's where I only like half of the songs on it.....Are these Tool CD's the type that you can just play all the way through? Good lookin' out Psilo......

Psilo707
02-19-2005, 03:54 PM
^ Yeah, for sure Lateralus is - it flows so damn nicely.. goes from being pretty verbal w/ lots of lyrics, into a more tribal kind of instrumental-hard-rock.

Listening to Undertow the whole way may be a bit harder unless you're already really into Tool themselves. It's the darkest album and songs like "bottom" and "swamp song" are pretty must just as their name says... a pretty hard CD overall and It took me a while before I could listen to it all the way through and distinguish the songs.

Opiate is their first CD and its a lot different than their others, its only 6 songs but its way tight, should check it out.

If you're going to drop money on Tool, first get Aenima or Lateralus;. Probably Aenima

Nuttkase
02-19-2005, 04:16 PM
I can easily play Aenima from front to back. IMO it is by far Tools best album to date. Undertow is a really great album, I personally like every song but like Psilo some people might not really be able to listen to it all the way through. It does have one of my favorite songs on it "Sober"

Lateralus is another really great album I can listen to it almost all the way through. There is like one song I don't like at all and another that is cool but nothing special. But besides those two every song on there is really really good IMO.

Opiate is a great cd even though it is only 6 (only shows five on the back one is hidden) songs long. Also like Psilo said it is very different from the rest of their work. It has a much more hardcore feel to it in my opinion.

I would pick them up in this order.

Aenema
Lateralus
Undertow
Opiate.

I heard that they will be getting back into the studio soon, I really hope it is true.

Nuttkace

Danknugz
02-22-2005, 08:35 AM
tool is easily the better of the two. actually, im not into APC much

B-Buzz
02-22-2005, 08:25 PM
Has anyone seen the APC video for Passive?

Maynard has fucking Korn dreads? lmao I couldnt believe that shit when I saw it, has he had those for long?

TOKZTLI
02-24-2005, 01:01 PM
I was feeling that APC cover cd they just brought out, aenema or something like that. Never really listened to Tool.

B-Buzz
02-25-2005, 02:58 AM
^^ Aenema is Tools last album, the APC album youre talking about is eMOTIVe

Nightbreed
02-25-2005, 12:33 PM
^^ Lateralus was the last from Tool. eMOTIVe is great too. APC dropped that one quick after 13th step. I can't wait for the next Tool though. They only keep getting better imo.

One another note, a few years back Maynard and Trent Reznor (NIN) were supposed to do a collaborative effort called "Tapeworm" (the title of my first feature film by the way). Supposedly shit fell through though....I haven't heard anything about it in a long time. I wish that could get pulled off. Maynard and Trent? OMFG that would be the shit.

INDIGO
02-28-2005, 04:00 AM
Tool's one of my favorite bands. All of their albums are worth picking up but if you could only get one get either Aenima or Lateralus. Undertow is really good too. Opiate's cool, but the others outshine it easily.

A Perfect Circle's Mer de Noms and Thirteenth Step are tight tight too, but Tool's on another level to me.

Off topic, but it's good to see this forum on the board... who would've thought? :rolleyes:

Cranky
03-06-2005, 01:01 AM
I finally bought Aenima today, and damn that album is tight all the way through. I'm glad you all convinced me to get it. I was going to get Undertow also but I didn't find it at Best Buy. I also bought Emotive and I'm really feelin' "Imagine" and "Passive" on that album so far. I think I've almost completely fallin' out of the rap scene. There just really isn't anything tight droppin' any more......I'm going to get the other Tool albums whenever I get a chance.......

Nuttkase
03-06-2005, 01:07 AM
At first I didn't care for Emotive from APC that much beside "Imagine" and "Passive" but the album has really grown on me. It is really different from other APC (well besides the fact that it is all covers minus two songs) because Billy sings on alot of the songs. He is acctually a pretty damn good singer.

I am glad you liked Aenima Cranky. That cd is fucking classic. I would highly suggest you pick up Mer de Noms and Thirteenth Step from A Perfect Cirlce. Like Indigo said they are both very good.

Nuttkace

Cranky
03-06-2005, 01:17 AM
I am glad you liked Aenima Cranky. That cd is fucking classic. I would highly suggest you pick up Mer de Noms and Thirteenth Step from A Perfect Cirlce. Like Indigo said they are both very good.

Nuttkace

Yeah, I've got Mer de Noms and 13th Step already. I've had those for a while. Great CDs....I think 13th Step is the best APC album by far......

Nuttkase
03-06-2005, 01:24 AM
Just wondering what is your favorite song off of Aenima so far? The title track Aenima is one of the best songs I think I have ever heard IMO. Stinkfist, H., and Forty Six & 2 are my other favorites off the album as well. Every song on the album is tight though IMO.

Nuttkace

Jake
03-06-2005, 02:23 AM
^^^you cant find anybody that will disagree with those picks...couple of my other favorites are "euology" and "pushit"

no you werent asking me but fuck it,cant help but to chime in on damn near my favorite rock album of all time,haha

B-Buzz
03-06-2005, 03:02 AM
fuck all these gun toting, hip gangster wannabes

haha, didnt ask me either but I wanna be as cool as BaccPacc

Nuttkase
03-06-2005, 03:04 AM
Those are both great songs Sicc. Aenima is such a great album that if you asked everyone that is a Tool fan what their favorite song is off the album, each song would be someones favorite.

Nuttkace

Gold Deez
03-06-2005, 12:40 PM
I like A Perfect Circle better...

Cranky
03-06-2005, 11:11 PM
Just wondering what is your favorite song off of Aenima so far? The title track Aenima is one of the best songs I think I have ever heard IMO. Stinkfist, H., and Forty Six & 2 are my other favorites off the album as well. Every song on the album is tight though IMO.

Nuttkace

As of now my favorite song is Stinkfist, by far. They had a video for that song back in the day didn't they? I like every song so far, but I'm going to continue to soak the music and see what others really stand out. I need to pick up the other albums now.......

Psilo707
03-06-2005, 11:36 PM
Haha yeah I cant help but chime in either.. and as Nutt said, every single song can be (and HAS been) my "favorite" song from Aenima. I swear i change my mind and switch back and forth so many times its not even funny. Damn man sometimes ill be drivin in the load blasting Tool and ill get into the shit so much that i just freeze up and feel nothing but POWER at certain parts of the music. A certain song will hit me hard and ill say "thats my favorite for sure" .. then the next one will come on and ill be sayin the same shit a minute later.

I just cant fucking wait for their 5th cd and tour. chances are I wont have the money to go to more than 1 show, but if i do, fuck it, im following these fools around at least to every California stop on the tour. That would be fun as fuck.

SRD420
03-07-2005, 11:34 AM
This is a hard question, I love the both of them, but I guess If I had to choose one I would go w/ Tool cuz that's where it all started. Besides that, Tool has got to be one of the tightest concerts I have ever attended in my entire life.

But that newer APC "Counting Bodies Like Sheep" song is dope as fuck, I'm loving that shit.

Cranky
03-11-2005, 11:51 AM
Just picked up Lateralus on my way home from school....."The Patient" fuckin' blew me away.....that music at the beginning is amazing.....I'm bout to soak the whole disc......I wanted to get Undertow also but Circuit City didn't have it......

mizzouplaya
03-11-2005, 03:16 PM
Tool-Aenima was classic

Cranky
03-12-2005, 10:17 AM
I think right now I like Lateralus better than Aenima......

Psilo707
03-12-2005, 03:51 PM
^ yep for sure, its definitely close as fuck between those two for most Tool fans. But then Undertow has a classic sense to it as well, it just doesnt have as many "individual" hit songs, its more like one bit flowing DARK ass album.

Its just so hard for me to name my favorite cd from them... so i usually dont think about it, hehe

Cranky
03-15-2005, 08:39 PM
I'm hella stuck on these Tool albums.....I haven't really listened to much else lately.....Still need to get Undertow, but I'm having trouble finding it. I've seen it at the stores a million times, but now that I want to buy it for sure I can't find it......Typical.....

B-Buzz
03-15-2005, 09:34 PM
^^ haha I feel ya, peep the new sig lol

DubbC415
03-15-2005, 09:35 PM
to me, i just like the way Maynard sings on "3 Libras" on the Mer de Noms album...thats the type of singing i like, and more my kinda music...but i can listen to both, i just probably pefer APC.

and B-Buzz-"Lazy R people too"

Cranky
09-29-2005, 01:44 PM
I think right now I like Lateralus better than Aenima......

Now that I have had these albums for a while, I gotta change my mind and say that Aenima is my favorite Tool album. Damn, that fuckin' CD is classic. I constantly listen to that shit. I'm glad I bought their albums.......

Nuttkase
09-29-2005, 03:29 PM
Yeah I love all the Tool and A Perfect Circle albums...but...to me anyways...Aenima is their best work by far. That album is a masterpiece IMO. The song Aenima is one of my favorite songs in any genre hands down. I can listen to the whole album front to back.

I am glad you liked their albums Cranky. They are in the studio working on a new album as we speak. I am hoping it will be out sometime in 2006.

Nuttkace

thephantomblue0
09-29-2005, 09:06 PM
They both were good to me, but I gotta sway a little towards Aenima.

vinylfiend
10-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Tool by far, one of the more original sounding bands

Unkut Yola
10-11-2005, 10:00 AM
A Perfect Circle, I can't seem to get into Tool.

BASICLY

Cranky
02-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Now that I have had these albums for a while, I gotta change my mind and say that Aenima is my favorite Tool album. Damn, that fuckin' CD is classic. I constantly listen to that shit. I'm glad I bought their albums.......

Well my mind has changed again, LOL. I'm back stuck on Lateralus. That shit is fuckin' dope.......

Nuttkase
02-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Well my mind has changed again, LOL. I'm back stuck on Lateralus. That shit is fuckin' dope.......

LOL...mine changes all the time too. Although I usually think Aenima is the better between itself and Lateralus. But not by much.

Nuttkace

Vamps
03-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Tool..

Cranky, you should also check out Down's 2nd album..

Psilo707
03-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Name of Tool's 5th album was released yesterday. It sounds pretty lame, but we'll see what they mean by it.

10,000 Days

ill post the album art cover as soon as my friend sends it to me

Nuttkase
03-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the info. I wonder what's up with the meaning behind the name of the album...

Post the cover up when you get it Psilo...

Nuttkace

Cranky
03-05-2006, 06:16 PM
Tool..

Cranky, you should also check out Down's 2nd album..

VAMPS!! Wow you really do exist!! Are you talkin' about System of a Down?

Nuttkase
03-05-2006, 08:15 PM
VAMPS!! Wow you really do exist!! Are you talkin' about System of a Down?

I'm guessing he is talking about the group Down. They are/were a "supergroup" consisting of members of Pantera (same lead singer), Corrosion of Conformity and Crowbar. They have two albums out that I know of. NOLA which came out around 1996 and one that I think was self titled that came out around 2001-2002.

Personally I really don't care for them much...even though Phil Anselmo from Pantera is their lead singer and I am a HUGE Pantera fan. But everyone is different so check them out for yourself.

Nuttkace

Vamps
03-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Yeah, like Nuttkase said, I'm talking about the group Down with Phil Anselmo from Pantera. I didn't care for their first album, but their 2nd is one of my favorites..