frank gore to pro-bowl

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2009
SANTA CLARA, Calif. - San Francisco 49ers running back Frank Gore(notes) has been added to the NFC squad for the Pro Bowl, replacing injured Rams running back Steven Jackson.

Jackson nursed a troublesome back for much of the season. Gore will join three teammates in the Jan. 31 game in Miami: tight end Vernon Davis(notes), punter Andy Lee(notes) and linebacker Patrick Willis(notes) - giving the team its most Pro Bowlers since sending six after the 2002 season.

Gore is headed to his second Pro Bowl after also going in 2006. He ran for 1,120 yards and matched a franchise record with 10 rushing touchdowns for the Niners (8-8) this season. He also caught three TD passes

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
It's well deserved... He would have had a lot more yards if the Niners wouldn't have over ran that gay Spread Offense all the time. I truly believe the Niners would have made the playoffs too if it wasn't for their Offensive Coordinator's schemes. Gore is a Pro Bowl Running Back!

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
congrats to gore, still overrated meta4ical?
I knew someone was gonna bring that shit up in here, lol

I retracted my statements... guess I underestimated how bad the Niners O-line was... plus he started to tear it up more as soon as I said that shit... I think he heard me, lol

but yeah... I admitted I was wrong... so fuck yall... :cool:

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
And how bad the play calling was.

I didn't see when you said it, but that statement had to be made out of hatred.

LOL @ overrated.
no it wasn't made out of hatred actually... don't assume that

actually my friend who is niners fan was the one who tried to convince me that Gore was overrated

he asked me if I thought Gore was dope... I said yes he's dope

he was saying that all niners fans act like he's hella dope... but he's fallen off, especially this season... (this was closer to mid season)

he pointed out that his stats were pretty bad, with the exception of a coupe runs here and there... which was true in the earlier part of the season

I admittedly hadn't been watching much niners football this season, I would either watch Raiders games or the red zone channel...

I knew the niners O-line wasn't great... but hadn't paid much attention to how bad it was and how bad the play calling was

running backs fall off in this league pretty quickly... so it isn't crazy to think that maybe Gore just wasn't the same RB he was a few seasons ago

there was some logic based on my opinion... and it was really fueled by the opinion of a niners fan... not by hatred

every niners fan here got pissed off and treated it like a blasphemous statement... they explained to me why Gore hadn't been producing the same way... I decided to pay a little more attention to him... and he did do better towards the later part of the season... I happily admitted I was wrong and manned up

so get that "hater" shit out of here... I always keep it real... you can disagree if you want... but I know where my opinions come from

thank you, have a god day

Jan 12, 2006

actually my friend who is niners fan was the one who tried to convince me that Gore was overrated

he asked me if I thought Gore was dope... I said yes he's dope

he was saying that all niners fans act like he's hella dope... but he's fallen off, especially this season... (this was closer to mid season)

he pointed out that his stats were pretty bad, with the exception of a coupe runs here and there... which was true in the earlier part of the season

I admittedly hadn't been watching much niners football this season, I would either watch Raiders games or the red zone channel...

I knew the niners O-line wasn't great... but hadn't paid much attention to how bad it was and how bad the play calling was

running backs fall off in this league pretty quickly... so it isn't crazy to think that maybe Gore just wasn't the same RB he was a few seasons ago

there was some logic based on my opinion... and it was really fueled by the opinion of a niners fan... not by hatred

every niners fan here got pissed off and treated it like a blasphemous statement... they explained to me why Gore hadn't been producing the same way... I decided to pay a little more attention to him... and he did do better towards the later part of the season... I happily admitted I was wrong and manned up

so get that "hater" shit out of here... I always keep it real... you can disagree if you want... but I know where my opinions come from

thank you, have a god day
HATER!

Apr 25, 2002
Not to be a dick, but can you blame me for the assumption? Out of all the people to claim Gore would be overrated, it's a raider fan. Surprise? I think not.

Meta4iCAL said:
so get that "hater" shit out of here... I always keep it real...
I will admit you do keep it real on most occasions. I meant to say the statement was made out of hatred OR ignorance, I just forgot to add the second option, and apparently it was the latter. I am not saying you're ignorant, just that you were making a statement without knowing whether it was true or not.

As for writing "essays," sometimes you have an actual argument to make and it takes more than a simple attempt at a witty sentence to make that argument. People who cannot thoroughly explain themselves generally do not have a true argument to make. It's all good.