My Review Of Brotha Lynch Hung & Doomsday Productions Presents - The Plague

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
Sorry it took so long to get a review of this out, but I have been hella busy with school and work. I got some time lately, so I did the review last night. Enjoy:

1) "In the Beginning" Brotha Lynch, Playboy 7, Pit, Eklypss, Platinum

Damn this track gets the album started off tight! The beat by Platinum is tight as fuck! Lynch starts it off with a clean ass verse. Playboy 7 is next and comes with a cool verse. Pit is next and he comes tight too. Eklypss is next and is my favorite in Doomsday. A short track, but a very good one to start the album off with.

2) "Trouble" Pit, Eklypss, Brotha Lynch, DJ Numbawun

Probably my favorite track on the album. The beat by DJ Numbawun is tight as fuck and everyone comes tight on the mic. Pit starts the track off with a tight little verse. Eklypss is next and comes tight as well. Lynch has his verse and spits some tight shit. I like Eklypss the most, but all three come sicc as fuck. Can't really say more than that, just bump it loud.

3) "Get High, Get Drunk" Brotha Lynch, Pit, Eklypss, Loki, Phonk Beta

Another knoccin track. The production note just says Siccmade Muzicc so I'm not sure exactly who did it. Lynch starts it off with a perfect verse. Pit has the next verse and also does the hook. The hook is the best part of this track, but it's all tight. Eklypss has a clean verse and so does Loki. Phonk Beta has an ok verse, but I'm feeeling the hook the most.

4) "Can't Let Beef Go" Eklypss, Soldado Mr. Joke Dog, CrookCilla, Phonk Beta

A nice laid back styled beat from Phonk Beta. Eklypss opened the track and has the best verse by far. I'm not really feeling Soldado that much. He has some coo lyrics, but I don't like his style that much. CrookCilla comes with a tight verse. Him and Eklypss are the best on this track by far.

5) "Chemicals" Loki, Pit, Zagg, Eklypss

A nice little beat from Eklypss. Loki starts it off with a tight verse. His laid back type of flow fits perfectly with the beat. Pit comes next with a clean verse. The hook is tight as fuck on this track. I like the background effects on the hook. Zagg has the next verse and comes alright. I was never a huge fan of her, but she's one of the best female rappers out there. Eklypss finishes the track off with a tight verse. A sicc track overall, I'm feeling it.

6) "Hunch" Eklypss, Pit, Playboy 7

Eklypss laces up another tight beat. He starts off the track with a clean verse. They're all rapping about getting with girls. Pit does the hook and also has a coo verse. Platinum finishes the track off with an alright verse. I don't him as much as the other Doomsday members, but he still has some clean lyrics. A coo track overall.

7) "I Ain't Even Worried" Playboy 7, Pit, Eklypss, Brotha Lynch

Another good beat from Eklypss. Playboy 7 starts it off with a coo verse. I like his lyrics to start the track off. Pit has the next verse and sounds exactly like 2Pac. He's not biting his style, but he does sound a hell of a lot like Pac. Eklypss comes with yet another tight verse. He is by far my favorite member of Doomsday. Brotha Lynch finishes the track off with a good verse. A tight track overall.

8) "Maniac Ridaz" Soldado Mr. Joke Dog, Eklypss, Pit, Platinum

Platinum laces this track up with a tight beat. Soldado starts this track off, but I don't really like him at all. I just can't get into his style. Eklypss has the second verse and rips it up with some funny lyrics. Pit is next and he has some tight lyrics with a bit of harder style than the others on this track. A tight track overall.

9) "Frustrated" Brotha Lynch, Pit, Eklypss, Evil, Doe

A nice piano beat by Evil on this track. More of slow paced track. Lynch starts it off with a nice verse. Pit has the next verse and talks about being frustrated in life. Eklypss has the next verse and comes the hardest on the track. I'm not sure which one Evil is or Doe, but one of them does the hook and the other does some talking to finish the track off with. A decent track, but I don't really like the slower pace to it.

10) "Back of Cadillacs" Playboy 7, Phonk Beta, Pit, D Dub

D Dub starts it off with those soft sweet vocals. Playboy 7 starts the verses off with a nice flow. Phonk Beta laces up a nice soft beat that works perfectly. I don't really like Phonk's verse, but he more than makes up for it with his production skills. Pit comes with a nice verse and then D Dub finishes it off with more of those clean vocals. A tight ass track overall.

11) "Licker" Eklypss, CrookCilla, 78

78 makes a tight ass beat for this track. I don't really like Eklypss' verse on this track. He tries to rap with a slower pace which doesn't suit his style at all. CrookCilla comes with a tight verse. He has the better verse by far. A nice little track, although I think it would have been better with a better verse from Eklypss.

12) "Yo Momma" (skit)

Just a little skit. A news report that talk about the plague.

13) "Contagious" Eklypss, Pit

Another tight ass beat from Eklypss. He starts the track off with a tight, hard ass verse. They flow about being contagious in their rhymes. Pit has a tight verse of his own and spits on the hook. A tight ass track. The best two in Doomsday just rippin shit up on this track, I'm feeling it.

14) "Every Day, All Day" Eklypss, Pit, Brotha Lynch, DJ Numbawun

DJ Numbawun laces up the track with a clean beat. Eklypss starts it off with a tight verse. Very hard lyrics from him yet again. Pit comes with some hardcore lyrics of his own. Lynch has the next verse and comes with more hard lyrics. Just some hardcore spittin on this track. A tight track overall, one of my favorite on the album.

15) "Rollin'" Eklypss, Playboy 7, Pit, Crookwood

A pretty good beat from Crookwood. I don't really like the flows on this track though. Eklypss doesn't come that tight and I don't like Playboy 7's verse either. Pit comes the hardest, but I don't think this is a very good track besides the production.

16) "You Ain't Wifey Material" Playboy 7, COS, Brotha Lynch, Phonk Beta

Not a typical Phonk Beta beat. More of an upbeat type style, but it's clean. Playboy 7 starts it off with a tight verse. They flow about girls who they wouldn't want to marry. Some pretty funny lyrics from them. COS comes next and has some coo lyrics. Lynch is next and has some alright lyrics. A nice track with a funny topic, I'm feeling it.

17) "Act Right" Playboy 7, Soldado Lil 40 Oz.

This track has Lil 40 oz. on it (RIP). 78 laces up a coo slow paced beat. Playboy 7 starts it off with a nice verse. Lil 40 oz. has the next verse, but I don't really like it all that much. His lyrics are alright, but I'm not really feeling his style too much.

18) "Is Anybody Listening" COS, TallCan G, Playboy 7, D Dub, D' Mac

D Mac lays down a sweet slow paced beat for this track. D Dub is on the hook with his soft styled vocals. COS starts it off with a clean verse. They have some heart felt lyrics on this track. TallCann G comes next with some coo lyrics. I don't think his style fits well on this track, but he's still coo. Playboy 7 is next and finishes off the track with a nice verse. A coo track overall, I'm feeling it.

19) "Close My Eyes" Pit, Brotha Lynch, Eklypss, DJ Numbawun

DJ Numbawun lays down a coo beat to finish the album off with. Pit starts it off with a hard ass verse. Lynch has a coo verse of his own. He spits more of those siccness type of lyrics. The tight shit Lynch needs to come with from now on. Eklypss finishes it off with a tight ass verse. A tight track to end the album with.

Overall this album is a very solid all the way through. It's more of a compilation than anything else, but it still features some of the best rappers in the game. It really opened my eyes to Doomsday even more than before. I'm more interested in their music after hearing this album. Lynch wasn't on it as much as I had hoped for, but any new Lynch is still good. A tight album that you should pick up. Get it!

Overall rating = 5/5

May 15, 2002
perfect review, but i had a question about DJ Numbawun. Has he done any other stuff because all three of his beats were cold and i wanna hear more of this guy

Apr 26, 2002
I was feelin this cd but it wasn't no classic in my opinion, i'd give it about a 2.5 out of 5 after listening to it numerous times...i liked it hella at first but then I started liking it less.

Apr 26, 2002
Al-Kaholik said:
If your a fan of doomsday i'd cop it most definitely, but if not you might wanna hear it first.
not necessarily. i've let a gang uv foos listen to it who never even heard uv doomsday and they diggin tha shit out uv it. fold.

Sep 24, 2002
SirPlayboy7 said:
he did some shit on Cin Sity Records Underground Volume 1 under the name TUMF, homeboy does some rock solid shit, finna be workin with him on upcoming projects
really????????

sweet as, what bout that cat on the rhymes ,
the other half of tumf?

are tumf doin anything now? i been wantin mroe of them since i first heard that compilation,

cant fuckin wait to hear more of that

Dec 2, 2002
when it first came out, i always saw it everywhere and never thought of picking it up for some odd reason, but now i dont see it anywhere and i want it now, just my luck. shit!!